Jordan Worker Proposal [May 15 - August 1]
My name is Jordan (amphiboly on Keybase, the forum, etc) and I’m excited to be considered as a contributor for DXdao. I have experience as an illicit finance analyst specializing in Iranian WMD and ballistic missile procurement networks. I’m currently Director of Product at a start-up in the national security space where I design data products used by organizations to identify and mitigate risk related to sanctions, export controls, supply chains, cryptocurrency and political influence operations.
Over the next 2.5 months, I believe I can contribute in two areas: (i) helping @tammypulp research, develop, and implement a compliance program (80%), (ii) documenting and providing operational support for Omen marketing initiatives, such as the proposed Omen Markets Competition (20%).
I have discussed supporting Tammy’s compliance initiative with Tammy and Melanie and discussed supporting Omen marketing initiatives (broadly) with Geronimo.
I have begun contributing ideas and feedback on Omen marketing initiatives (i.e. here) and will continue to learn more about Omen.
I propose a 2.5 month timeframe for this contract.
Compliance Goals & Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive understanding of DXdao suite of projects to identify areas of potential exposure to KYC/AML/Sanctions risk
- Research how KYC/AML/Sanctions regulations apply to DAOs versus traditional VASPs
- Educate and engage with community on nature and degree of compliance-related risks faced by DXdao to inform community discussions on compliance-related policies and procedures
- Develop requirements around tools and data DXdao can use to screen funds and counter-parties (to extent agreed upon by community), and engage with potential vendors with Tammy as needed
- Use experience as illicit finance analyst to develop investigative workflows community can use to evaluate potential service providers and counter-parties, and conduct investigations as needed
- Design and implement case management system for reviewing and adjudicating potentially illicit activity involving DXdao’s products
Omen Goals & Responsibilities:
- Create spreadsheet memorializing potential marketing initiatives, to include budget / level of effort estimates
- Provide administrative / operational / research support to Omen marketing initiatives (i/e Community Markets Competition) as needed
Between my experience as an illicit finance analyst and a Product Manager at a RegTech company with a crypto compliance offering, I believe I qualify for Contributor Level 4.
I can confidently commit 15 hours a week to DXdao.
Trial Period (2 weeks, 15 hours a week, Level 4)
- Focus exclusively on compliance research in coordination with Tammy.
- Memorialize findings and share with the community on the DXdao forum.
- $7,000 * .375 * .5 / 2 = $656
Main Contract (2 months, 15 hours a week, Level 4)
- Compliance goals outlined above
- Omen marketing goals outlined above
- $7,000 * .375 * .8 * 2 = $4,200
Total ETH amount: $4,856, $2756 up front (trial period + 1/2 of main contract), remainder sent following completion of contract.
Total DXD amount: $4,687 (5000 * .375 * 2.5)
Total REP: .175% first 1.5 months, .1333% after second month.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 3+ years of experience as illicit finance analyst focusing on Iran
- 3+ years of product management experience, leading the design, development, and operationalization of data products used to identify and mitigate illicit finance related risk for financial institutions, multinationals, and government organizations
- Represent company in educational webinars conducted with partners including consulting firms, blockchain analysis firms, and law enforcement agencies
- Abortive blog on illicit finance related issues in crypto: boringblock.substack.com
Thank you everyone for your consideration!