Worker Proposal - fluiddrop - September to November

Background
Submitting this proposal in the capacity of treasurer / accounting role for DXdao (with a strong overlap on governance / operations).

Timeframe:
18th of September to 18th of the November.

Goals:

• :tada::tada: DXRetreat and Lisbon Blockchain Week :tada::tada:
  • Q3 report
  • Treasury diversification (TDP V3)
  • DXD Buyback
  • DXlegal
  • Regular treasury responsibilities
  • Governance / Gov_Dev
  • Testing DXvote on all bases

Responsibilities:

DXretreat and Lisbon Blockchain week are coming up in ~a month!! @Melanie and I are still working to finalise the last things to ensure itโ€™ll be an awesome time for everyone at DXdao. We already have accommodation secured for the 2 weeks, and are finalising on some activities as well as sponsorship opportunities. For any help or questions anyone may have make sure to DM either myself or Melanie.

The Q3 report is also coming up - most notably with a new L2 weโ€™re present on (albeit, not sure if weโ€™ll have funds in it by end of the quarter). Q3 will also start tracking all assets DXdao holds i.e. ENS Domains for now.

TDP V3 also passed on mainnet - which will be executed over the coming weeks. See: Treasury Diversification Proposal V3

Weโ€™re also close to buying back a further $1M in DXD - which will likely be followed by a further proposal to potentially expand the buyback further. See: DXD buyback orders - Google Sheets

Iโ€™m also working with @Tammy on researching ideal alternative legal structure formations for DAOs.

Self-Reflection:

As I mentioned in my recap for the past worker proposal, I saw a drop in productivity while working on-the-go (i.e. Paris and the following week), which was mostly driven by having to work from a 13-inch laptop. I plan on using a laptop more often just to get more used to it - and when I have to travel just plan to do work Iโ€™m more comfortable with on a laptop.

Iโ€™ve also started playing around more with web3py - firstly to do the gas governance refunds - and am now looking into tracking our own products that way i.e. tracking SWAPR LPing / fees easier by logging events directly from the smart contracts.

Compensation:

• Experience Level: 5
  • Time commitment: FT

USDC 16000 for 2 months, 1/2 to be sent on the first payment proposal and 1/2 on the second payment proposal
DXD $12000 based on the all-time high of DXD of $691.14 i.e. 17.36DXD using 18th September 2021 as starting period for the vesting.
REP 0.3334% for 2 months, 1/2 (2778) to be sent on the first payment proposal and 1/2 (2777) on the second payment proposal

Note: This proposal also claims the 1k retroactive bonus passed on-chain here: Alchemy | DAOstack

Work Experience:

Worker Proposal 18th March - 18th May
Worker Proposal 18th May - 18th July
Worker Proposal 18th July - 18th September

Note:

This proposal falls under the current Contributor Guidelines, enacted on February 17, 2021. Should DXdao approve any changes to the Contributor Guidelines Compensation Structure that go into effect during my stated contract period, I reserve the right to introduce an updated DAOtalk post and on-chain proposal to adjust the above stated compensation amounts to reflect the new compensation structure.

Proposal Submitted: dxvote.eth

5 Likes

Dave, can you include โ€œtestโ€ of dxvote? this would mainly be using dxvote instead of alchemy to doo all your gov related actions on chain and if you find any bugs report it. It would be great if all gov team members would be doing this.

Ive been helping Dave with his governance python scripts too, he has been working a lot on it and it is very useful to have a governance team member focused on non developer stuff that can code, write scripts and automate tasks if needed.

5 Likes