Worker Proposal - fluiddrop - September to November

Background
Submitting this proposal in the capacity of treasurer / accounting role for DXdao (with a strong overlap on governance / operations).

Timeframe:
18th of September to 18th of the November.

Goals:

• :tada::tada: DXRetreat and Lisbon Blockchain Week :tada::tada:
  • Q3 report
  • Treasury diversification (TDP V3)
  • DXD Buyback
  • DXlegal
  • Regular treasury responsibilities
  • Governance / Gov_Dev
  • Testing DXvote on all bases

Responsibilities:

DXretreat and Lisbon Blockchain week are coming up in ~a month!! @Melanie and I are still working to finalise the last things to ensure it’ll be an awesome time for everyone at DXdao. We already have accommodation secured for the 2 weeks, and are finalising on some activities as well as sponsorship opportunities. For any help or questions anyone may have make sure to DM either myself or Melanie.

The Q3 report is also coming up - most notably with a new L2 we’re present on (albeit, not sure if we’ll have funds in it by end of the quarter). Q3 will also start tracking all assets DXdao holds i.e. ENS Domains for now.

TDP V3 also passed on mainnet - which will be executed over the coming weeks. See: Treasury Diversification Proposal V3

We’re also close to buying back a further $1M in DXD - which will likely be followed by a further proposal to potentially expand the buyback further. See: DXD buyback orders - Google Sheets

I’m also working with @Tammy on researching ideal alternative legal structure formations for DAOs.

Self-Reflection:

As I mentioned in my recap for the past worker proposal, I saw a drop in productivity while working on-the-go (i.e. Paris and the following week), which was mostly driven by having to work from a 13-inch laptop. I plan on using a laptop more often just to get more used to it - and when I have to travel just plan to do work I’m more comfortable with on a laptop.

I’ve also started playing around more with web3py - firstly to do the gas governance refunds - and am now looking into tracking our own products that way i.e. tracking SWAPR LPing / fees easier by logging events directly from the smart contracts.

Compensation:

• Experience Level: 5
  • Time commitment: FT

USDC 16000 for 2 months, 1/2 to be sent on the first payment proposal and 1/2 on the second payment proposal
DXD $12000 based on the all-time high of DXD of $691.14 i.e. 17.36DXD using 18th September 2021 as starting period for the vesting.
REP 0.3334% for 2 months, 1/2 (2778) to be sent on the first payment proposal and 1/2 (2777) on the second payment proposal

Note: This proposal also claims the 1k retroactive bonus passed on-chain here: Alchemy | DAOstack

Work Experience:

Worker Proposal 18th March - 18th May
Worker Proposal 18th May - 18th July
Worker Proposal 18th July - 18th September

Note:

This proposal falls under the current Contributor Guidelines, enacted on February 17, 2021. Should DXdao approve any changes to the Contributor Guidelines Compensation Structure that go into effect during my stated contract period, I reserve the right to introduce an updated DAOtalk post and on-chain proposal to adjust the above stated compensation amounts to reflect the new compensation structure.

Proposal Submitted: dxvote.eth

6 Likes

Dave, can you include “test” of dxvote? this would mainly be using dxvote instead of alchemy to doo all your gov related actions on chain and if you find any bugs report it. It would be great if all gov team members would be doing this.

Ive been helping Dave with his governance python scripts too, he has been working a lot on it and it is very useful to have a governance team member focused on non developer stuff that can code, write scripts and automate tasks if needed.

5 Likes

The past months were quite busy for me, first of all we had our first ever DXdao retreat followed by Lisbon Blockchain Week. Being on the ground in Lisbon, I was quite busy with the whole preparation and planning of the two weeks - I like to think the two weeks in Lisbon went quite well and that this was the first of many to come DXdao retreats.

However, due to being quite busy with the event organizing I also dropped the ball on some stuff such as the buyback google sheets tracking. This sheet has been around for a while, and is quite labour intensive to be filled out manually - particularly considering orders can fill over time. So keeping an exact up-to-date google sheet is pretty much impossible. To ease the process of tracking the buyback, I created a little script that reads data directly from an xDai archive node, see here: https://gist.github.com/fluiddrop/755b17e7453ec6e0ee1aa2c79dac3aac

The script still needs some cleaning up, and I need to check how I can push the data directly into google sheets. The xDai archive node provided by blockscout is also hit and miss. Alternatively, I might start looking into Dune Analytics - although my SQL is quite rusty.

Beyond the above, I had my regular responsibilities such as the treasury report, governance refunds, ms refunds, and overall participation in governance and operations. We also completed the TDP #3 during this worker proposal period, which was presented in the treasury report.

For the memes:

• I helped translate Augusto’s spanglish to other contributors
  • I got our DXbeer poap claims from 6 to over 60 at The DAOist afterparty

Total payout:

USD 8000

REP 2777

My payout proposal can be found here: https://dxvote.dev/#/xdai/proposal/0x7c8eb689d10e5391d7cc830cf5461c2f83379511342c9405cb8551d9142adade

5 Likes

Awesome work, fluiddrop. One highlight, the second payout beneficiary address is different than the proposer.

What do you think about burning the REP on 0xE1D2210A967eE144aAD31EcD08565E894B88FFaf and request the difference to 0x8e900cf9bd655e34bb610f0ef365d8d476fd7337 in your next proposal?

2 Likes

Hey Adam,

yes - that is indeed my intention. Given that with the current amount of REP on both wallets, I don’t reach anywhere close to 4% I didn’t address it as an urgent issue.

I know that on xDai there the QWS can burn and mint REP in the same txs. However, it has limitations in terms of amount of REP it can change in a single proposal. So most likely I will just pass two regular proposals, one burning and one minting REP. Will have to do this on mainnet / xDai / Arbitrum.

1 Like