Worker Proposal - Dave - Treasury July to September

Background:

Submitting this proposal in the capacity of treasurer / accounting role for DXdao. This proposal is submitted as a contractor through Caney Fork LLC, which will be receiving payment for this proposal.

Timeframe:

18th of July to 18th of September

Goals:

• Regular Treasury / Accounting responsibilities
  • DXyield
  • DXlegal
  • DXD Buyback

Responsibilities:

Beyond the regular activities, I plan to start exploring potential allocations of some assets to yielding protocols - this was already something planned for in my past worker proposal but was put on hold due to market conditions / low yields. During my next worker proposal I plan on spending more time looking at yielding opportunities and deploying some initial amount of funds into yielding protocols (stables and/or ETH).

Over the past months I’ve also been working closely with @powers and am coordinating with him on helping / assisting with any governance items closely related to the treasury. As @powers will be taking some time off over the next months, I will also start being more involved in governance overall including driving the Wednesday governance call. I will also start taking over expenses and budgeting from @powers.

I’m also assisting @tammy on exploring some potential legal entities which could facilitate operations as well as help with contributor liabilities / tax obligations. While still in a very initial stage, we are exploring options which can make it easier for anyone around the world to work for DXdao - without compromising on on-chain governance and decentralization.

Self-Reflection:

Overall, I believe my technical knowledge still has room for improvement. I’ve started working with web3py over these past two months, attempting to interact more directly with our products, rather than relying on APIs such as Etherscan / Coingecko. But still struggling somewhat, particularly when working with L2s.

When it comes to treasury diversification, we saw some high ETH prices over the past two months. While we were able to sell at a high ETH price, it would be nice if we could move even faster in the future. I plan to explore some options so we can move faster in the future. Currently, if timed perfectly, we can get a proposal to pass on mainnet in 8 days. Perhaps it makes sense to keep some reserves in a MS - to act swiftly when ETH hits high prices.

Compensation:

• Experience Level: 4
  • Time commitment: Full-time*

DAI 14000 for 2 months, 1/2 to be sent on the first payment proposal and 1/2 on the second payment proposal

DXD $10000 based on the all-time high of DXD of $523.77 i.e. 19.09DXD using 18th July 2021 as starting period for the vesting.

REP 0.3334% for 2 months, 1/2 to be sent on the first payment proposal and 1/2 on the second payment proposal

*One difference compared to my last worker proposal is that I’m moving to a full-time position. I’ve been able to eliminate other commitments outside of DXdao, allowing me to spend my time exclusively on DXdao. I believe there is enough work to keep me occupied, particularly with me taking on more responsibilities, and I am very much looking forward to being part of more initiatives at DXdao.

Work Experience:

https://daotalk.org/t/worker-proposal-trial-dave-treasury-accounting/2728/6
https://daotalk.org/t/worker-proposal-dave-treasury-accounting-may-to-july/2926/6

Note:

This proposal falls under the current Contributor Guidelines, enacted on February 17, 2021. Should DXdao approve any changes to the Contributor Guidelines Compensation Structure that go into effect during my stated contract period, I reserve the right to introduce an updated DAOtalk post and on-chain proposal to adjust the above stated compensation amounts to reflect the new compensation structure.

11 Likes

Submitted a proposal for the payment: Alchemy | DAOstack

and a separate one for REP: Alchemy | DAOstack