Worker proposal - 26/10/2020 to 25/12/2020 - luzzifoss

Timeframe
From 26/10/2020 to 25/12/2020, two full months.

Responsibilities

• Product management for Rails: Rails v1 has seen its first iteration released. It will be my priority to act upon any feedback received and resolve any errors that could eventually arise from the product’s usage. I’d also like to start working on a v2, with some interesting features and a redeisgn to accommodate such features (the current UI is not really that flexible).

• Active DXswap development: I’ve recently started working on DXswap and I’d like to keep things going. I could help on the redesign implementation front (dapp and SDK-related work), while at the same time having a look at smart contract-related pull requests and developments in general.

Compensation
Having read the DXdao compensation guidelines, I think considering myself at a level 4 experience would be appropriate.
I’d like to become a full time dxer, so that would mean I’d be able to get 7k USD worth of ETH/month and and additional 5k USD/month worth of DXD.
In total, over two months, that amounts to 14k USD worth of ETH and 10k USD worth of DXD.
I’d like the ETH-related sum to be paid once per month. The price at which ETH is given out should be based on the month-average. Example:

• 7k USD worth of ETH given out at a price got by getting the average between the closing day price of ETH on October 26th and November 25th.
  • 7k USD worth of ETH given out at a price got by getting the average between the closing day price of ETH on November 26th and December 25th.

Historical, day closure price data can be seen on CoinGecko, and used to calculate the average over the given period of time.

DXD price should be decided in the same fashion, but over the entire worker proposal time period that goes from October 26th and December 25th.
The DXD should then be put in a vesting contract, with a 2-year lockup period, and a 1-year cliff.
It will be my responsibility to deploy the vesting contract on mainnet during the 2-month working period, set up accordingly to what stated above.
The single payment can be given out starting from December 26th.

Experience
I’ve worked 4 years as a full stack developer in my full-time job, plus various side-projects in my spare time which anyone can consult on my GitHub page here. Won the Loopring Pay UI’s bounty to develop a new UI for the Loopring Pay protocol (which is now Rails) and won the Gnosis Fork the World Hackathon with an Aragon app trying to improve Aragon-based DAOs’ decision-making process through the use of prediction markets.
Previously worked for the DAO to ship Rails, and helped on DXswap’s development.

3 Likes

Interesting that you are suggesting to use the average price over the working period. I think typically people have used the current price at time of making the proposal. An average sounds like a good idea. Though I suppose really we should be moving towards stockpiling some stablecoins and allowing workers to chose that option.

2 Likes