Wixzi Contributor Proposal [05/04/2022 - 18/06/2022]

Background:

This is my first contribution proposal in DXdao. I have been working in the Web2 world for quite some time and recently became very much interested in Web3.

I was introduced to DXdao by Venky and Melanie. I have started contributing to dxstats. I was looking around the code and found some issues and tried to fix them one by one and standardise the code base for better developer experience.

Timeframe:

• Trial: 05/04/2022 - 19/04/2022
  • 2 Months: 20/04/2022 - 20/06/2022

Proof of Work:

1. Split loading state to each component so the site will be interactive from start.
    PR: Link
  2. Refactored dxstats to have more safety checks and format across developer IDE. Also added it as a github action to check this on each commit.
  3. Added Network logos to network switch
  4. Working on moving dxstats into typescript for better type safety
  5. Code reviews and feedback for other PR’s
    PR: Link1, Link2

Proposed Scope of Contribution:

I will be doing front-end related tasks for Swapr and Carrot

1. I have a work in progress PR for moving dxstats to typescript.
  2. Refactor dxstats to use redux and remove unwanted api calls.
  3. Look into graphs and optimize long running queries.
  4. Transform dxstats to look more like uniswap v3 style, with better looking UI, styles and performance.
  5. Discussions are ongoing with Venky on how I can contribute towards Carrot and Swapr roadmaps.

Compensation

Experience Level: 5

Time contribution: Part-time (20h/week)

2 weeks trail:

• $875 (xDAI)
  • $625 DXD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting at 05/04/2022
  • Rep: 0.02085%

Month 1: [20/04/2022 - 19/05/2022]

• $2800 (xDAI)
  • $2000 DXD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting at 20/04/2022
  • Rep: 0.06665%

Month 2: [20/05/2022 - 18/06/2022]

• $2800 (xDAI)
  • $2000 DXD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting at 20/04/2022
  • Rep: 0.06665%

Work Experience

This is my first contribution proposal so I don’t have any past work experience related to previous proposals at Dxdao.

I am a senior engineer with 12+ years of experience in creating customer facing web-enabled applications and data visualization dashboards from idea to production with big data backends. I have proven experience with conceptualization, design, coding and implementation using current and evolving technologies.

As a web engineer, I have been responsible for designing and enhancing the user experience of many leading online applications of fortune 500 Companies.

10 Likes

Hey, I have worked with Velu in my previous web2 life and can vouch for his skills and capabilities and totally support this proposal. Welcome mate! :heart: :smiley:

9 Likes

Welcome, Velu! Your help is appreciated. :muscle:

5 Likes

Retrospective

DXStats

In the last 2 months I have worked on DXStats along with @guerrap and we released the v1.5.0. Updated the configurations and linting rules and added a new CI work flow for better code checks.

Fixes some UX issues and reviewed PR’s. Started a new repo for setup DXStats in latest libraries and still working on it.

Swapr
Parallelized the Continuous Integration GitHub actions in Swapr
Added a loading animation to swap button
Fixed bugs and reviewed PR’s
Updated lint configurations and sorting of imports

Did well:

• Improving the code and developer experience
  • Setting up new configurations and making DXStats load faster
  • Collaboration with the team

Improve on:

• Finding a proper schedule to work on DXDao. Now I am working in odd times and weekends and when ever I find time :slight_smile: Need to improve that.
  • Learn more on the graph deployments and improve our API’s
  • Create Architecture docs on how things are working so new developers can understand the flow better.

Work completed:

I have closed 11 PR’s in DXStats and reviewed most of the PR’s from @guerrap.
Thanks @guerrap you have done an amazing job in DXStats :+1:

https://github.com/SwaprDAO/swapr-info/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed+author%3Awixzi

I have closed 16 PR’s in Swapr Dapp

https://github.com/levelkdev/swapr-dapp/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Awixzi+is%3Aclosed

It was a great experience to contribute to dapp. @adamazad @0xVenky @Berteotti @Milanv95 were very helpful.

@Melanie thank you for all the support and directions you gave. Also I could do a pair programming with @JorgeLopes. It was also nice. Looking forward to do more.

Compensation:

I’ve already received the first half of the payment (2 weeks + 1 month) of my proposal.

Since I had 3 days off during this month

Month 2: [20/05/2022 - 18/06/2022]

• $2800 - 280 = 2520 (xDAI)
  • $2000 -200 = 1800 DXD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting at 18/06/2022
  • Rep: 0.06665% - 0.00665 = 0.06
    Since I didn’t claim any rep yet
    Total Rep pending = 0.1475
9 Likes

I worked closely with Velu and tested his PRs and he also helped the QA team in certain segments.
I think he is someone who has excellent knowledge and a very good work ethic.
Someone from whom a lot can be learned and with whom it is a pleasure to cooperate.

5 Likes