Wayne's Worker Proposal - Trial Period Late Jan 2022 to Early April 2022

Background.

Hello everyone, For those of you I have not met, My name is Wayne. I am so impressed by DXdao and everything it is doing and accomplishing. It is a true leader in the DeFi and DAO space and it is an absolute pleasure to be here. Thank you for this opportunity, it is very much appreciated.

I will be filling the Social Media and Community Growth Contributor role. I have been in contact and working with Melanie, Keenan, Nathan, Sky, Chris and John in relation to this role.

I come from a variety of backgrounds. All have been in senior customer/consumer facing positions. I have chosen these types of roles as I have always enjoyed working with people. I love learning about the ever evolving human interaction. This “customer service” environment has taught me a variety of soft skills in dealing with stakeholders.

With my new found love for DXdao and Web3 in general, I plan to bring those skills to bear here at DXdao. Assisting in conveying the message of the DXdao ethos to the world. I will be working within the DXvoice squad. This will be in close collaboration with Keenan and the other DXvoice members. Naturally this will extend out to the broader DXdao contributors, as needed.

Please Note

DXdao is already engaged in many Marketing and Public Relations initiatives. Key contributors are working on a variety of projects in these areas.

I am not one to “put the horse before the cart”. My knowledge of DXdao’s Marketing and Public Relations is in its infancy. So I will focus on getting a proper understanding of this. To understand what is being done, how it is being done, where it is being done and by who.

So with respect to the current key contributors and their efforts, I have been conservative in my scope of responsibilities and duties explained here. Once it is clear to me how and where I can contribute, without duplicating work or getting in the way, I will clarify my duties and responsibilities in more detail.

This in no way will limit my efforts. I am 100% committed to being a team player that will be productive and reliable. I will “jump in” and be ready to help and contribute to what needs doing.

I have completed my first two week trial period and am now moving onto the two month trial period.

I have been and will be working part-time for this entire trial period. I have a contractual obligation to my current employer to provide a notice period of at least three months. Once I have completed this notice period, which should be around the middle of May. I intend to contribute on a full time basis.

As a side note. Being a part of the more day-to-day operations of DXdao has been everything I imagined it to be and more. It has been exciting and enjoyable to see that which I had read about in operation. Decentralization is happening in DXdao. I am working on meeting all contributors and will continue to send out requests for a call and a short informal chat. I hope you will afford me some time out of your busy schedules.

Thank you once again. I welcome any feedback, notes or criticism.

Time frame

2 Week Trial Period - 25.01.2022 - 07.02.2022 (20 hours/week)

2 Month Trial Period - 08.02.2022 - 04.04.2022 (20 hours/week)

Goals

To get situated within the DXvoice squad and establish:

1. Gradually taking over existing operations/campaigns to fall within my scope of abilities and responsibilities.
  2. Gain a solid understanding of the core message of the DXdao brand and the individual product brands.
  3. Get to know the key contributors and their areas of expertise in DXdao.

Responsibilities.

During this 10 week period I have been and will continue to focus on Twitter and the interaction of DXdao within the Twittersphere.

This will be in accordance with:

• the Social Highlights Program introduced by @Caden and @KeenanL.
  • the application of the 1:10 post to engagement ratio introduced by @KeenanL

Twitter is one of the primary “news” channels for Web3 participants. It will be instrumental for day-to-day communications of DXdao brand awareness. With existing members and to attract new participants/members/contributors alike.

The rest of my time will be settling myself within Discord. Usually the next step for those who want more detail and information than can be conveyed on Twitter. I will also focus on bringing my DXproduct knowledge up to speed.

Social Engagement

• Identify and analyze competitors and complimentary organizations and their communication strategies on Twitter and then Discord. Ongoing.
  • Help increase awareness of DXdao and its products and drive social engagement with the relevant DXdao Twitter accounts through consistent and possibly even daily activity.
  • Explore DXdao history and future to assist in developing an ongoing content generating strategy to add to DXdocs and other mediums deemed acceptable by DXdao. (intended)

Growth Marketing

• Analyze data and track metrics of tweets to determine what is working and what is not and optimize tweets according to target audience.

Communications

• Assist with ideating and executing campaigns across owned and other media channels as my awareness and knowledge grows.

Compensation

This compensation proposal is being submitted in accordance with the current DXdao Worker Guidelines and the current DXdao Pay Structure

I believe my past experience places me slightly within all the levels from 1-4, mostly 3 & 4. I will thus be starting my contribution at level 3 for the foreseeable future.

I will only be submitting my proposal for payment at the end of this working period. This is due to ongoing actions on my side regarding legal compliance with receiving payment in crypto. Until everything is set up, I cannot receive payment. It should all be completed during March.

Experience Level: 3

Part-time. (20hours per week):

** 2-week period.**

• $625 (xDai) (50% of 50% of 50% of $5,000).
  • $375 (DXD) (50% of 50% of 50% of $3,000).
  • 0.0209% REP (50% of 0.0417%).

** Month one and two.**

• $4,000 (xDai) (50% of 80% of $10,000).
  • $2,400 (DXD) (50% of 80% of $6,000).
  • 0.1333% REP (50% of 0.2666%).

TOTALS.

** 2-week period.**

• $625 (xDai)
  • $375 (DXD)
  • 0.0209% (REP) (50% of 0.0417%).

** Month one and two.**

• $4,000 (xDai)

• $2,400 (DXD)

• 0.1333% (REP) (50% of 0.2666%).

• The full 2.5 month period

• $4,625 (xDai)
    • $2,775 (DXD) to be paid in a vesting contract continuously for three years with a one year cliff when the work agreement finishes. The vesting contract would be created and funded in the future after 04.04.2022 and use 25.01.2022 as the starting date of the vesting.
    • 0.1542% (REP)
8 Likes

Excited to have you at DXdao and contributing to the DXvoice squad @whatt4 ! I support this contributor proposal! Welcome :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you very much Melanie.

2 Likes

Wayne moved through an extensive period of applications surrounding DXdao’s open “Social Media and Community Growth” position, emerging as the chosen candidate. Wanye stood out and continues to impress as a result of his vision alignment, dedication, humility, and eagerness to learn. (IIRC, he wanted to work and learn with us after viewing “Proof of decentralization: DAO’s” by Chris Blec), an important episode discussing the definition of DAO among other decentralization related topics).

Wayne and myself have since been working closely together; I’ve been bringing him up to speed surrounding our governance processes, socials strategy, day-to-day operations, and lots of general DXdao/decentralization education. As already mentioned, Wayne has been incredibly attentive and excited to learn more, often preparing a variety of questions for each of our meetings.

I couldn’t be happier with Wayne so far. I fully support this proposals described commitments/responsibilities and contribution level. I am excited for Wayne to transition to full-time when he is reasonably able to do so.

4 Likes

Thank you very much Keenan. You have been a great mentor thus far and I appreciate the vote of confidence. I am looking forward to what is to come.

2 Likes

Awesome! Welcome and excited to have you onboard!

I noticed some errors in your compensation calculation for your part-time (20 hours per week). I believe the numbers for a 2-week period should be:

• $625 (xDai) (50% of 50% of 50% of $5,000).
  • $375 (DXD) (50% of 50% of 50% of $3,000).
  • 0.0209% REP (50% of 0.0417%).

The first 50% comes from working 20 hours/week (half-time). The second 50% comes from working two weeks (half a month). And the third 50% comes from the salary rate during the trial period, which is 50% of the compensation level.

I hope this makes sense :grinning: and maybe I could get verification from @Melanie that I’ve not misunderstood anything myself.

6 Likes

Hello @vangrim!

First, Thanks for spotting that. You’re :100: correct! I know I shouldn’t have been, but I was a bit nervous, being the first proposal and post. So there you have it. The first “scratch” right? Thanks again. I‘ll correct it as soon as I am home later.

Second, thank you for the welcome. I appreciate it. It’s really fantastic to be at DXdao.

4 Likes