Use Case Working Group

Session Notes 1/23:

@patdaostack Note: This was all the relevant Discord links I could find to archive.

2 Likes

Notes from our meeting on 16.04.2019

Next steps

• schedule our next WG call in one month, which will happen on the #Daocreation channel
  • hear a presentation from a group of people (Grace, Andreas, Pedro, Phoebe, Max) doing a mapping of Use Cases in that call
  • choose 2-3 use cases that this group will be focused on for the next period of time
1 Like

Preparation for our use case working group call call later today (right after the community call) -

Since there are so many interesting subjects we could talk about, I thought we could start gathering them beforehand, in this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_zj3U4OqAnCVfRcV3ndBuBtHDexO52LGdZNk8j8at4g/edit

If you have a use case or topic you would like to bring that we can make a breakout on to go deeper, please add it in the table! If we have too many topics, we will dot vote on them to choose which ones to start with.

1 Like

Here are the Notes from our call today.

See you latest in one month!

1 Like

Fran and Kate, was this activity moved to another setting?

The WG didn’t really pick up, so I changed the comms taxonomy to “DAO Creation and Design,” which in principle shares the same topic space, that is, speccing out and deploying DAOs for various use cases.

To update, I would say there are two use case frameworks now that we’ve been using:

The first I would call the DAOstack Archetypes Framework, and is featured on our website and generally in our marketing materials, such as presentations:

• Grants DAO: DAOs designed to manage existing shared assets and work towards a common goal
  • Dapp DAO: DAO-controlled applications - imagine versions of Facebook or Uber developed and managed by their own communities
  • Physical DAO: DAOs that manage physical spaces, like co-working spaces, condominiums, or cafes
  • Alliance DAO: DAOs uniting broad coalitions to work on common issues, such as environmentalism and legal protection

The second I would call the DAOs In Practice Framework, that is, the DAO use cases we’ve discovered to have the greatest product market fit over the course of the last year and a half, and the use cases the DAOstack core team will optimize for in the next six months:

• Blockchain Ecosystem Funds: Innovation funds created by blockchain companies to spur development on their platforms (e.g. the PolkaDAO)
  • Collaborative Networks: DAOs as we tend to understand them today, but leaning towards collaborative digitally-native social groups, such as Facebook groups, Discord communities, etc. Wikipedia.
  • Blockchain Friendly NGOs: Self-descriptive (e.g. the YangDAO)
  • dHack (blockchain accelerators): Competitive funding structures frequently organized in tournament-style voting formats.