Tomás Pulenta Contributor Proposal

Background

• I’ve been working as a Full Stack developer for 4 years now. I started working with .Net and Angular and then shifted to full javascript, working with Node, React, and React Native. On my free time I also started learning Next.js
  • I’ve been in the crypto environment since 2020, learning lots of stuff and all the time loving how much more there is to learn.
  • This will be my first time collaborating with a DAO and I’m very excited to do so! I’m convinced crypto and decentralization is the future (and present) so I’m sure DXdao is the best place to be.
  • I’m currently working on Infinite Hackathon’s website and when this is ready I’ll be working on DXdao landing and DXgov tasks.
  • I met Augusto some time ago, he talked to me about DXdao and I got very excited to come and contribute.
  • Timeframe:
    • 3 Months [8/8/2022 - 8/11/2022]
    • One month Trial + 2 months
  • Proposed Scope of Contribution:
    • Goals:
      • Making and maintaining Infinite Hackathon’s website: Infinite #0
      • Making front-end contributions to the Dxdao landing
      • Onboard into DXgov and contribute to the development of DAVI
      • Learning about how dxdao works.
      • Familiarize with the code, architecture and libraries both in frontend as in backend.
    • Responsibilities in order of priority:
  1. Infinite hackathon website testing and development on tasks received from @keenanluke, @int_blue and @augustol. Infinite #0
  2. DXdao landing. DXdao Landing page
  3. DXgov tasks. DAVI
  • Compensation:
    • Experience Level: 2
    • Time commitment: Part-time 50%

Trial period (1 month) [8/8/2022 - 8/9/2022]

• 1.000 DAI (4.000 DAI * 50%*50%).
  • 500 DXD (2.000 DXD * 50%*50%), vested for 3 years with a 1-year cliff starting the 8/8/2022
  • 0.041675% REP (0.1667% * 50%*50%)

Month 1 [8/9/2022 - 8/10/2022]

• 1.600 DAI (4.000 DAI * 80%*50%).
  • 800 DXD (2.000 DXD * 80%*50%), vested for 3 years with a 1-year cliff starting the 8/9/2022
  • 0.06668% REP (0.1667% * 80%*50%)

Month 2 [8/10/2022 - 8/11/2022]

• 1.600 DAI (4.000 DAI * 80%*50%).
  • 1.600 DXD (2.000 DXD * 80%), vested for 3 years with a 1-year cliff starting the 8/10/2022
  • 0.06668% REP (0.1667% * 80%*50%)

Work Experience:

• Infinite Hackathon’s website: Infinite #0
  • 4 years working for HEXACTA S.A, a software factory where I worked on different projects, mostly working for a big pharmaceutical company with over 90 offices, giving support and adding new features.
  • Github
  • Linkedin
8 Likes

I think this low level engagement with clear priority and tasks will help a lot Tomas to get integrated slowly into dxdao development, and eventually when that happens he will be ready to join development efforts wherever necessary.

Also, I think once he has a worker proposal passed on chain he can join us in Colombia on October, it would be a great for him to know dxdao people in person, and also helps dxdao to have more spanish native speakers and latam members in Bogota for our hackathon and devcon.

4 Likes

Retrospective

Woow these 3 months have been a loooot! New job, new type of organization, Devcon and DX retreat.

I enjoyed each one of these. I’m learning a lot and I have the feeling there is a lot more to learn. This is very motivating, but I have to admit it gets me a bit anxious so I’m trying to take it easy and learn one thing at a time.

I still have to familiarize myself with some concepts, which I’m confident that with time I will, and I’ll be able to get more involved in the meetings.

Devcon was an amazing experience, I’ve never been to an Ethereum conference before and I feel I made the best out of it. I had the opportunity to talk with people from other projects which was very interesting, as well as attending great talks and workshops, on both technical and social matters.

The DX retreat was awesome, it was great meeting in person with all the people on DXdao, and I enjoyed the talks a lot, they allowed me to understand better how DXdao works.

Moving to work, all the contributors at DXdao, especially at DXgov, made me feel very comfortable and supported.

I felt like I was up to the tasks I received and was able to fulfill them without major dependencies.

I really enjoyed receiving feedback and suggestions over my work, as it helps me improve my code quality. Special thanks to Kenny, Dino and Ross for giving me feedback on my code always with constructive comments.

DAVI is a very interesting project with good quality code which makes me very motivated to keep working on it.

What went well

Infinite Hackathon

Infinite-hackathon’s website was a project I really enjoyed, trying to fulfill as best as I could all the requirements from the design team with the time-bound we had. It was fulfilling doing the project from scratch and I’m satisfied with how it ended.

DAVI’s Landing

https://projectdavi.eth.limo/

Not much to say here, it was a pretty basic and static web, but I’m satisfied with how it looks.

DAVI

Davi’s tasks were what I enjoyed the most, I feel I have a lot to learn and that pushes me forward.

It was a good experience working on DAVI’s code. I felt I could understand it fastly, receiving the task and investigating it.

The team was very supportive, everyone was available when I needed them and very helpful.

Smart contracts

I worked on some issues on the audit’s smart contracts and reviewed the guys PRs. Even though the changes I made were pretty minor, I enjoyed working on solidity and I hope to do it more in the future. I also liked learning about how an audit is done and about solidity’s safe patterns.

What to improve

I think I could be more participative in meetings. However, as I said before, I feel I’m still getting to know some concepts and how everything works. In time I will be able to engage more.

Contributions

Infinite Hackathon

DAVI

WIP:

Merged:

DAVI Landing Page

Smart Contracts

1 Like

Good work. ------------------------------------------------

1 Like