Aloha! As part of getting DXdao more integrated into ENS governance, I plan to provide monthly updates on the happenings in ENS DAO, tailored for the DXdao community. Feel free to use these as a general input for any ENS-related questions/suggestions.
- [EP2.2.4] [Social] ENS Endaoment - a clever name for an RFP (Request for proposal) to have the ENS treasury managed to earn a yield. The ENS treasury is around $45m and the goal is that yield from this could fund ENS DAO operations in perpetuity. There was a call last week with several leading DeFi managers. It was interesting to hear this treasury management discussion, given DXdao’s experience. Happy to say that ENS is also interested in having sovereign, decentralized treasury solutions.
- Big news this month is the deployment of the new suite of ENS contracts to Goerli testnet (after a successful audit in July). This includes the long-anticipated Name Wrapper contract, which introduces a load of new features:
- Wrapped names are ERC1155 tokens
- Better permission control over wrapped names
- Native expiry support for all names
- Consistent API for names at any level of the hierarchy
ENS Controller v2 is ready for code review - Full PR built by Blockful and overseen by Public Goods Steward Alex Van de Sande (check out his Tweet thread overview). New features:
- Referral function - On every sale, a percentage (set by the DAO) is redirected to an address set by the frontend
- One transaction purchase
- Batch Reveals: you can now commit and reveal multiple names, which leads to massive gas savings
- The discussion on ENS Name Normalization continues…
- ENS DAO Midterm Grants Review (2022) - A summary of grants provided by the ENS Ecosystem Working Group from the invaluable ENS DAO newsletter (subscribe!). This includes Nimi as well as DXdao fan favorite eth.limo. ENS Small Grants also just concluded last week. Top 5 winners in the Public Goods and Ecosystem categories receive a 1 ETH reward.
- Gitcoin Grants for ENS projects - those that approved were able to compete for $69k in ENS token rewards
- A response to Vitalik’s thoughts on ENS fee reform from Nick.eth. Vitalik’s original piece is also worth a read.
Join or attend:
- Q3 2022 TNL - ENS Update October 5, 03:00 UTC
- ENS DAO in Bogota! - ENS has a booth at Devcon and will also be hosting a Happy Hour on Oct 13 (currently oversubscribed). Join the ENS Bogota Devcon telegram group for the latest.
And if you didn’t get a chance, check out the DXdao in ENS DAO post in the ENS forum about why DXdao is interested in participating in ENS DAO and what it hopes to achieve.