2023 H1 Swapr Budget V3
Covering Swapr squad.
Spreadsheet Link: Swapr Guild Budget v3
Budget request length: 6 months (January 1 - June 30 2023)
The document will outline the 6 month budget request for the Swapr Guild. It will document the vision, objective, and responsibilities, contributor roles and compensation, as well as other pertinent expenses to be reviewed and approved by the DAO as a whole.
Networks: Ethereum, Gnosis Chain
Platform: DAVI Soulbound
Guild governance members:
Governance Rules :
- Cannot earn additional governance power past 20%
- One month of full-time contributions to Operations guild earns 1% of soulbound governance power in the Swapr Guild
- Need 2% to submit a proposal
Vision and Mission
DXDao always put decentralisation and privacy over anything else. Thats why, Swapr was built to be no user analytics, zero fee decentralised frontend for all AMMs and a vision to be the go-to platform for users seeking a secure, private and fully decentralised dapp that offers access to the best possible routes across various dexes and networks.
*Our mission is to build a user-friendly, feature-rich and intuitive dapp that prioritises decentralisation, privacy, and security, making it easy for anyone to access and participate in the world of decentralised exchange and liquidity provision.
Overall Guild Milestones and goals
The guild will aim to increase the usage of Swapr
- By integrating more networks,
- Integrating more aggregators
- By integrating more dexes
- Have a pivot for Swapr and remove all the other tangential or less used features.
- Unifying the swap experience
- Release LP Zapping.
The guild will also work closely with “Voice” guild and “Operations” guild to find the value of what is being built and delivered and for timely onboarding of resources. Swapr squad is in a state of transition for this half year with some key members undergoing reduction in the time availability for Swapr.
Some features that the squad will continue to develop:
- Token list picker 2.0
- Advanced trading mode
- Limit orders / conditional orders
Swapr squad, along with caneyfork and the Voice guild will look at expanding the SWPR governance ecosystem and research into ways how to drive value to SWPR token.
This proposal approves the following future expenses as summarized below and further detailed in the accompanying spreadsheet.
The 3 month budget for Swapr is not a 50% of the 6 month budget as there is a lot of resource reduction from February. The budget spreadsheet is updated with all the calculation and kindly reach out to me if you have any questions.
And a comparison to a year ago looks like below:
From the previous proposal, Swapr has identified a reluctance in being aggressive with the expansion. So, instead this is a mellowed expansion where we will try to have one priority list for Swapr.
The goals and OKRs are for the upcoming 6 months and are aimed at increasing the amount of users using Swapr. We will aim to go about this by expanding to new networks, aggregators and dexes. We will also bring the focus of the dapp to one thing and one thing only, making swaps easier. All the less used features will be removed from the dapp and will be spin out as a separate product. We also aim for Swapr to find its own revenue source and not depend primarily on the protocol fees.
Key Milestones and Goals:
- Unify Swapbox and improve swap experience
- Reduce the clutter and remove less used features.
- Maintain and improve the current featureset.
- Extend to new networks, dexes, aggregators and bridge integrations
- Find revenue generating sources for Swapr dapp through grants / fee share with aggregators.
- Remove irrelevant features that are not a “swap” feature away from Swapr.
- Research to see if we can seperate out AMM from Swapr and rebrand as a seperate product with minimal updates to existing contracts.
- Release zapping as a feature in Swapr.
- Investigate if Zapr could be split out as a seperate product if it finds a PMF within Swapr. (If this finds a PMF, a seperate funding proposal would be initiated)
Objectives and Key Results:
Expand Swapr presence
Expand to 3 new networks
Add support for 5 new dexes
Add 1inch and 2 more aggregators
Add 2 bridge integrations
Improve swap experience
16M USD 6 month volume. (current projected volume is 7M USD)
Atleast 500K volume (?) in 6 different networks
Retention? How to measure?
Individual contributor lists, contributor level information per approved guidelines, and time commitment as percentage of full time. Swapr is going through a transformation, where a few personnel are only going to be available until Feb and will move on to other products. It would be wise for Swapr to have atleast 1 more full time developer that can take over frontend leadership from Adam.
|Contributor||Level||Time commitment (hrs/ week)||Role description|
|Zett||7||13.33||Guild facilitator, squad lead for liquidity.eth, UX lead and Product designer (60% till Feb, 20% from March to June)|
|Venky||7||24||Project lead, squad lead for Swapr dapp. Splits time between other squads within Swapr guild.|
|Adam||7||13.33||Dev lead (60% till Feb, 20% from March to June)|
|Violet||5||8||Frontend developer (available 60% till Feb)|
|MilanV||4||16||QA (40% to Swapr guild and 60% to Carrot)|
|Mirko||5||10||Frontend developer (available 60% till Feb)|
We also request the DAO to release 1M SWPR linearly vested for a year to the guild personnel. A portion of this would also be allocated for Voice, upon successfully leading / directing and completing milestones related to Swapr.