We would like to make you aware of a Synthetix proxy upgrade for the following two tokens (other Synthetix tokens are unaffected): sUSD and SNX.
The Synthetix team is planning to finalise the upgrade by the end of July (no definite fixed date).
This has an effect on Mesa and means that users must withdraw SNX and sUSD before the end of that period; upgrades then happen automatically for the user. However, this does not happen when the funds are deposited in the Gnosis Protocol contract.
Though this is not super urgent, we think it would be very useful to make the users aware of the upcoming upgrade already to give them more time to adapt their strategies.
On our part (Gnosis Ltd), we will let the Liquidity Provision incentive program for stablecoins run until the 17th of July as planned, but let the users decide if they would like to cancel sUSD orders beforehand (and still be eligible for the prize).
We are also planning to suggest a PR for updating Mesa, which includes:
- A deny-list of token addresses, which you can alter upon your own decision, which:
- Gives the users a warning about deprecated tokens
- Disables deposits for those tokens
- Disables trades (or leaves a warning) for those tokens
Likely this will not be a one time occurrence as many token projects have upgrade rights to their tokens and a deny-list will give you the flexibility of performing the same actions for different tokens in the future.
Call for Action of the dxDAO:
- We would encourage you to share and retweet some of the communication we will send out, which includes information about:
- Continuing the Liquidity program but altering the rules that 3 out of 5 tokens suffice
- That we encourage to withdraw old SNX and sUSD as well as cancelling buy orders.
- That the upgrades happen automatically once withdrawn.
- To add the two new tokens to Mesa (dxDAO TCR) and remove the old ones.
- To accept the proposal about the deny-list very promptly (once it exists).
- To incentivize with a small bounty those who spread the word about changes to users.
Old token addresses:
New token addresses:
sUSD: 0x57ab1ec28d129707052df4df418d58a2d46d5f51 (already listed on Gnosis Protocol ID66)
SNX: 0xc011a73ee8576fb46f5e1c5751ca3b9fe0af2a6f (already listed on Gnosis Protocol ID67)