SkyMine Labs - Contributor Proposal 07/21 to 08/21

I am submitting a proposal for current on-going and future contributions to the DXdao started July 1, 2021 and finishing August 31, 2021.

I have been contributing to DXdao for over 14 months. This proposal extends the role as a contributor for a two month period.

My SkyMine Labs - 05/21 to 06/21 Contributor Recap of deliverables was based on my re-focus outlined in my 5/21 - 6/21 proposal.

I plan to continue to focus a majority of time on the DXbiz Squad revolving around product usage and business development opportunities around DXdao’s products while contributing minority time to other initiatives as well.

I estimate my time focus to be 60% DXbiz, 15% DXventures, 10% Marketing and Communications, 10% Governance, 5% product/testing/other.

What I plan to focus on and be responsible for:

DXbiz:

• DXbiz squad leader - Coordinating DXdao’s BizDev opportunities and acting as a main internal point of contact for all things related to these opportunities.

• Represent DXdao and its ecosystem at Ethereum events and in relationships with other DAOs, funds, projects, and partners

• DXdao is a decentralized collective. Business Development opportunities will and should come from all over the place. All contributors, REP holders, DXD holders and community members should be doing things that benefit DXdao. However it is helpful to have a point of contact that people can reach out to ask questions, learn background or see direction from. I can fill this roll.

• Includes the organization of and tracking of DXbiz opportunities. Checking in with points of contact and status for each opportunity

• Opportunities focused on connecting DXdao and it’s products to other communities

• Providing knowledge to Squads on the related product landscapes and strategies to take

• Initiating, building and maintaining relationships and discussions on behalf of DXdao with external parties in the ecosystem

• Partnerships: Will work to find the rights ones, introduce them to DXdao and push for them

• Deliver reports of actions taken and opportunity progress to the DXdao community

• Deliver the ongoing implementation of the weekly DXbiz Huddle (and channel) where we strategize and prioritize ongoing and future opportunities.

• Omen biz:

• Omen product related BizDev opportunities (including initiatives that aim to improve Omen, its markets, its user base and its overall success)
      • Support the ongoing goals of Omen Squad as a tool to grow awareness of Omen
      • Strategies related to making Omen product user experience better
      • Strong Focus: Conditional Farming use case exploration - Explore what needs to happen for Omen to open conditional farming opportunities for DXdao and to projects across the space, and aim to get this moving.
      • Deliver the creation, running of and outcomes of Omen Markets Competitions
    • Swapr biz:

• Swapr product related BizDev opportunities
      • Contribute to strategy around how SWPR token and guild connect with business opportunities
      • Deliver bringing in communities/projects that can leverage Swapr for liquidity pools and farming campaigns (to be ready for when it’s possible)
    • Carrot biz:

• Sell the idea of Carrot to teams and projects that have interest prior to it being ready.
      • Contribute input to develop the needed product that provides value to projects
      • Coordinate with Federico to move this initiative forward and bring in appropriate entities.
    • Aqua biz:

• Contribute regularly to Aqua Strategy team Squad where appropriate but opportunities related to product are on hold

DXventures:

• Continue to drive DXventures and its related opportunities to solve the needs of DXdao and successfully deliver returns.
  • Coordinating the funnel of opportunities for DXventures
  • Represent DXventures through ecosystem and work to recruit contributors to help expand DXventures
  • Work to deliver the next successful DXventures opportunity

Marketing and Community:

• Remain a welcoming member of DXdao community open to helping others and offering assistance on any tasks people have questions with while working to maintain open productive communication in order to reach consensus.

• Continue to participate on the Marketing Squad and strategies related to comms

• Deliver the preparation and running of main DXdao Weekly meeting (Recaps) and supporting the Community Call

• Deliver the Coordination of DXdao’s video content: DXdao - YouTube

Governance:

• Continue to actively participate in DXdao governance and all the processes that allow DXdao to remain secure and effective
  • This can include governance process, treasury management, discussions, standing up for core values
  • Actively monitor DXdao’s governance systems and participate in review, staking, voting, discussion

Other/Product/Testing:

• Lead by example when it comes to improving our products, testing our products, and using best practices.

DXdao related past contributions:

Proposal Summary:

Based on the latest worker compensation guidelines, I am identifying as a full-time contributor with experience level 5.

Summary of full compensation would be:

• 16,000 USD to be paid in xDai with 50% to be paid when the proposal gets approved and 50% on 08/31/2021 when the work agreement finishes.
  • Approval for: 12,000 USD to be paid in DXD in a vesting contract continuously for two years with a one year cliff when the work agreement finishes. The vesting contract would be created and funded in the future after 08/31/2021 and use 07/01/2021 as the starting date of the vesting.
  • 0.3333% mainnet REP to be earned on completion at 08/31/2021 - (equivalent # of REP in xDXdao will also be requested)

Additional Notes:

1. This proposal falls under the current Contributor Guidelines, enacted on February 17, 2021. Should DXdao approve any changes to the Contributor Guidelines Compensation Structure that go into effect during my stated contract period, I reserve the right to introduce an updated DAOtalk post and on-chain proposal to adjust the above stated compensation amounts to reflect the new compensation structure.

2. DXbiz Opportunities which the DXbiz Squad fields, seeks out, prioritizes and communicates are highly dependent on the state of DXdao’s ecosystem and products including Omen, Swapr, Aqua, and Carrot and also the stage of these products along with related initiatives such as product Guilds, product tokens, and product features. Any delays to this progress or these initiatives can highly affect DXbiz Squad’s ability to capitalize on opportunities. However, even with major obstacles, the goal is always progress in the right direction.

3. Days off: I plan to take time off during this summer period. I do not have dates identified at this point. However, once identified, these will be communicated and tracked and I will remove any from compensation in my payment proposal.

9 Likes