I will be submitting a proposal with a Contribution Recap for the 7/22 to 8/22 period and a request for second payment.
I continue to estimate my contribution focus to be 55% DXbiz, 10% DXventures, 10% DXvoice, 10% Governance, 15% Other/ContributorX/Product/Testing/Strategy.
In addition to my focus and responsibilities outlined in my Contributor Proposal, the below list is some of the SkyMine Labs contribution highlights for the Jul’22-Aug’22 period:
- Represented DXdao at DAO Palace, a two-week residency and research hub focused on DAOs and new ideas around them, sharing many of the leading initiatives that DXdao has been doing in the space.
- Organization and execution of DXdao’s flagship event in Paris with Gnosis Chain, GitPOAP and Gnosis SAFE - attracted an awesome crowd of attendees giving the large DXdao team attending Paris to speak with many different key people in the space.
- Represented DXdao at numerous events during ETH Paris week including ETHCC and many other events. You can find summary notes and a 1 year comparison here: 2022 ETHCC & ETH Paris Week Notes & Comparison to 2021
- Gathering and publishing a DXventures Update so that DXdao can evaluate the opportunities and actions and determine how DXventures can play a role in the future path of DXdao.
- Continuous pushing for CoW protocol integration in Swapr (since proposing the idea following discussions at ETHDenver) arriving at last making Swapr the only decentralized front-end for CoW Protocol.
- Working with CoW Protocol team on reward avenues
- Proposing to adjust how Carrot is used in Swapr campaigns, be more efficient and also gain better knowledge of its effect
- Helping to construct and support the new idea of DXdao’s first ever incubation grant for Nimi.
- Helping to organize, set-up and execute AppreciationDAO using Coordinape Epoch 2 including manually rounding up and gathering all delayed people
- Working on getting DXdao better represented in the Gnosis Chain ecosystem - here and working on more
- Setting up the opportunity to be an early user of GitPOAP across multiple products which is now live!
- Helping with Infinite Genesis - including Infinite Squad, organizing, feedback, platform, and coordination
- Securing a spot to present on Unconquerable Product Ownership at MCON2 in early September and a chance to highlight Swapr.eth more widely
- Participated and shared the knowledge of DXdao in the “Culture and value in decentralized society” Twitter space put on by LightHouse DAO
- Represented DXdao on an upcoming “DAO or Never” podcast by Logos DAO.
- Represented DXdao and Infinite hackathon with Keenan and Nathan on DefI Slate’s podcast
- Continued organizing of DXbiz opportunities, DXbiz Huddle and DXbiz Weekly Gathering
- Exploring better ways to showcase and allow controls for DAO contributor roles with 3rd parties.
- Creating and pushing idea for a Carrot Campaign in Bogota to showcase one of DXdao’s new products
- Crafting information doc to attract new part-time contribution talent from other communities
Some things related specifically to our Swapr product:
- Working to discover timing of CoW protocol release in order to maximize attention
- Discovering and working with devs to solve the misreporting of CoW prices in Swapr and correcting the showing of “CoW”
- Correcting and improving the way we are publicly showing Swapr, eco-routing and CoW protocol through our media
- Resurfacing an old problem with representation of “Min. Received” and setting slippage
- Outlining and proposing a look into increasing revenue from Swapr around the way MM and Tally are doing it. It provides much larger access to fees.
- Proposing the idea of DXdao revisiting a wallet opportunity (in order to capture larger fees)
- Clarifying how CoW was doing Limit Orders with non-zero price.
- Acknowledging and re-asking how new features and a further lean into Governance tools will lead to users and revenue.
- Troubleshooting Swapr being down and also hanging
Self Evaluation: The following is a self-evaluation on what I’ve done well, okay, and not well.
- Did Well: Working to contribute value to the DXdao ecosystem, and highlighting the unique things that DXdao stands out for into the ecosystem. Bringing new ideas that have led to highlights.
- Did OK: Influencing the actual path and key decisions of DXdao.
- Needs Improvement: How I can personally contribute to improving the culture of DXdao, communication between devs and non-devs across the Web3 ecosystem, and hearing the voices of all parties.
As outlined in my kickoff proposal, my commitment percentage was 55% for July and was planned to be 90% for August 2022. As I will be away the last three days of August, I am adjusting this to 85%.
Summary of compensation would be:
- 7,650 USD to be paid in xDai (9,000 xDAI x 85% = 7,650)
- Approval for: 13,300 USD (9,500 x 55% = 5,225 plus 9,500 x 85% = 8,075 = 13,300) to be paid in DXD in a vesting contract continuously for three years with a one year cliff when the work agreement finishes. The vesting contract would be created and funded in the future after 8/31/2022 and use 07/01/2022 as the starting date of the vesting.
- 0.23333% mainnet REP (0.16666% x 55% = 0.09166% plus 0.16666% x 85% = 0.14166% = 0.2333%) to be earned on completion at 8/31/2022 - (equivalent # of REP in xDXdao will also be requested)