Background / Previous period self-reflection:
I have completed my trial period and after receiving positive feedback from the Mesa/Aqua team it’s about time for my next proposal. Currently, I am still planning on working part-time since I have my full-time job at JP Morgan still. I also have my final dissertation for my part-time university honours degree due in August which is taking up a lot of my time.
Fortunately, after this worker period, there is nothing stopping me from going full time with DXdao which all things going well is what I would like to do.
My trial period was very enjoyable, learning how the DAO works was super interesting after attending most daily calls. Also, I was made very welcome and comfortable working on the aqua team.
Mostly I worked on frontend issues and features since this is what I have the most experience with. I also shared some of my experience working on larger development teams by trying to make aqua more agile and easier for teams to work on. This involved helping Martin to set up a change flow and advising how we should be handling versioning to make the entire aqua stack more transparent for all contributors. More details around my trial period can be found here .
Since I am used to being a full-stack developer I have tried to take a larger part of smart contract development and not just frontend. There are some blockers to this that should be alleviated with agile changes and so in future, I hope to work more on all parts of the dapp.
I have also been enjoying getting to know more people from the dao and taking a larger part in governance. I’m looking forward also to meeting everyone at EthCC and becoming a larger part of this great community.
With current uncertainty with Aqua’s leadership and future in mind, I am open to working on other DXdao projects also wherever my skills may be applicable.
- Work on polishing aqua to be in a state to securely and safely launch fixed-price sales on the platform
- Next in the UI, I will focus on creating a smooth user experience for the fair sale auction mechanism with the rest of the team
- Take a part in the development, initially small fixes, of smart contracts and generally increasing my understanding of the SC side of the project
- Make development in the team smoother and more transparent experience to increase increment speed of aqua prototypes and releases
- Keeping the team working in an agile way with proper use of issues, pr reviews and versioning
- In Martin’s absence I will be leading the daily aqua calls as well as representing the aqua team at DXdao calls and trying to keep development going towards MVP release
Experience level: 3
Time commitment: Part-time - Over my trial period I had estimated 10-20 hours a week and I was closer to 20 during this period. In the next 2 months I will be busier with my full-time job and other commitments and so I don’t expect it will be quite so high. I estimate 15 hours a week on average with some weeks more. I will track this as before in a spreadsheet with the Aqua team.
Hopefully, this will be my last part-time worker proposal as I should be able to move to full-time at the end of this period.
Salary - Calculated from 37.5% rate at further 80% rate due to first proposal after trial period, will recalculate depending on actual amount worked:
- $3600 DAI (($2250*80%) * 2 months), to be sent half on the first payment proposal and half on the second payment proposal
- 4.592 DXD for trial period ((2.87*0.8) * 2 months) in a vesting contract continuously for two years with a one year cliff when the work agreement finishes (18/8/21)
- 1564 REP for trial period ((977.5*0.8) * 2 months), to be sent half on the first payment proposal and half on the second payment proposal
This proposal falls under the current worker compensation guidelines. Should DXdao governance approve any changes to the compensation structure that could apply to work during this scope of work, the compensation amounts in this proposal may change and be reflected in the amounts requested in the final on-chain proposal.
3+ years as a full stack web developer at JP Morgan
Won polygon NFT prize at 0xHack hackathon
A few recent PRs of mine for aqua: