Meeting date: Wednesday, January 6, 2020
Hong Kong: 11:00pm
CEST (Berlin): 5:00pm
UTC Time: 4:00pm
Buenos Aires: 12:00pm
San Francisco: 8:00am
Meeting link: https://meet.jit.si/dxdao
- Layer 2!
- Swapr Incentives/liquidity rewards
Layer 2 thoughts:
- Rising gas prices make it increasingly difficult to transact on Ethereum’s mainnet
- In 2020, the first generation of L2’s/sidechains (Loopring v1, xDai, Matic) gained limited traction but demonstrated a ‘Proof of Concept’
- In 2021, the next generation of L2’s will emerge (Starkware, Optimism and Arbitrum). These have the security and scalability to run fully fledged ecosystems.
- Other L1’s (Solana, NEAR, Cosmos, Polkadot and others) may also compete; ETH2.0 is far away
- Bridge to Ethereum
- Liquidity on the L2
- Wallet integrations
- Has already experimented with xDai and Loopring
- Most important feature is EVM compatibility - simplifies process of porting
- Has suite of products to bring to a L2 + capital to support
- Gas costs pricing out almost all trades
- Competitor (Polymarket) offering L2 solution now through Matic
- Relies on other actors (Kleros/Reality) on Mainnet
- Going through product facelift right now
- L2 could scale Mesa IDOs to thousands and thousands
- Product still in infancy; Gas costs making mainnet difficult for Uniswap trades
- Swapr could distinguish itself as ‘multi-chain’ DEX + focus on small trades that are priced out on Uniswap (!)
Given each of these DXdao products are going through major iterations, could DXdao ‘go big’ on Layer 2? Make Layer 2 the core of each of these products? How?
And which one?