Goal & mission of PolkaDAO posted by Polkadot:
- “a community-led decentralized autonomous organization (DAO)”
- “The goal of the PolkaDAO is to fund community projects”
- “PolkaDAO is a user-led platform for the Polkadot community, allowing you to vote on proposals, and provide funding for projects and ideas that would otherwise not get built.”
In my words:
- PolkaDAO’s mission is to support the development of the Polkadot project and ecosystem. Its role is to supercharge the Polkadot community, giving it an additional channel to get funding & additional autonomy via self treasury management.
- PolkaDAO is funded by Polkadot.
A general remark:
- PolkaDAO is what we call a “community DAO” in the meaning that it provides a way for an existing community to get its efforts rewarded AND these community members decide themselves who gets rewarded what. Think of it as a next generation community rewarding system.
- We might see many other organizations (even non-blockchain) starting such DAO if it proves being very beneficial (efficient, participatory, etc).
Note that I wrote this post following up last week’s PolkaDAO call where some clarification on this DAO’s goals & mission.