Nylon (Metronome) retroactive contributor proposal (Part time) (Draft)

A few notes before the actual proposal
I expect this post to be somewhat controversial, even though several people from DXdao have seen this, gave feedback, and urged me to post a few months ago. Late is a bit of an understatement, even compared to other late worker proposals, and that is reflected in the texts below.

This is a retroactive contributor proposal is for Nylon (Metronome), @nylon on Keybase. Currently leading the DXdao BizDev call, and part time contributor to the Biz Dev, DXventures, DXvoice, and DXgov squads.
In this role I’m mostly focused around collaborations between DXdao and other projects, DAOs, and protocols in the ecosystem, as well as helping communicate the values and principles of DXdao and its products across the ecosystem.

Ongoing goals of mine are to strengthen DXdao’s public facing image, through collaborations and propagation of the tools and products being used and developed by DXdao. I believe the decentralization paths, practices, and motives of DXdao can and should take a more central stage in the wide Ethereum ecosystem, and I plan to actively seek to bring it forward.

This is a yearly proposal, initially due to bureaucratic and regulatory limitations, but more recently because of my personal preoccupations. With feedback from several contributors I placed my commitment level to 23%, or a bit over a day a week, which is also what I can guarantee for the future.

The proposal is retroactive, with the intention to solidify my future goals and initiatives with DXdao. While I will not be full time, I believe my outside perspective and proficiencies can continue to create and bring a lot of value to DXdao.

Timeframe:
01/01/21- 1/02/22 (Jan 2021-Jan 2022)

I’ve contributed to several key verticals of focus in DXdao

General work / initiatives

DXbiz

• Facilitate the weekly DXdao bizdev call, including building the agenda alongside Sky and Nathan
  • Weekly Bizdev sync – strategy, current opportunities, and time allocation.
  • Find, locate and discuss with projects, DAOs, and protocols that could be potential partners for DXdao
  • Locate and ideate on collaboration opportunities, from treasury diversifications, integrations,
  • Numerous introductions and partnerships to ecosystem projects

DXventures

DXvoice

• DAOtalk admin and maintenance
  • Add new admins, categories and initiatives related to DAOtalk as a DXdao public good
  • General moderation of the forum from removing spam, to approving
  • Create monthly backups of DAOtalk
  • Contribution to DXdao twitter accounts and collateral
  • Text editing and feedback on marketing material

Experience Level 5

• Time commitment- 28%
  • Contributing to DXdao since 1/1/2021.
  • Part time for about 12 hours per week, for twelve months (12/1/21- 1/31/22)

Compensation
Per months

• $2,240 (xDai) * 12 = $26,880
  • 1,680 (DXD). * 12 = dxd 20,160 Vested for 2 years.
  • 0.040% REP * 12 = 0.48%

Stipends

• Lisbon – $1,100
  • ETHcc – $1,250[poll type=multiple results=always min=1 max=2 chartType=bar]

Timeframe (2)
01/01/22- 1/02/22 (Feb 2022-September 2022)

• $2,240 (xDai) * 9 = $20,160
  • 1,680 (DXD). * 9 = dxd 15,120 Vested for 2 years.
  • 0.040% REP * 12 = 0.36%

Compensation deduction:

• 0%
  • 5%
  • 10%
  • 15%
  • 20%

0 voters

6 Likes

I had a call with Nylon a bit more than a month ago asking him about his current worker proposal status and what he was thinking on doing, it is great to see this being proposed to get on-chain closure on your past work on dxdao and start thinking on how you can be involved in the future. I think Nylon is a member that has been helping and can help the dao in many ways in the future.

This being said, I see no penalty for submitting a proposal more than a year late. In the past proposals of @JohnKelleher he took a 6% payment penalty for late submission. I voted for 10%.

The penalty for late payment has been an issue for months now and there hasn’t been any discussions on getting some rules around it and we still have to decide and vote on numbers, I would encourage @Melanie to start working on this, maybe we can have amendments to the current worker guidelines.

I will vote in favor this retroactive contributor proposal as long as it has a % penalty on it.

4 Likes

Thanks Augusto, I added the poll

1 Like

Late penalties have neither been formalised on-chain nor are they in the contributor guidelines, so I don’t see why he should face any penalty whatsoever. Rules should not be given in an ad-hoc manner as all it does is add additional uncertainty in regards to whether or not labour will be adequately compensated.

I think we should focus on assessing whether he has added $46k worth of value to the DAO.

1 Like