Milton - Contributor Proposal [29/11/2021 - 10/12/2021] (Trial Period)

[Draft] Milton Contributor Proposal [29/11/2021 - 10/12/2021] (Trial Period)

Background:

I have been working as a full-stack JavaScript developer for the last 4 years for both small startups and big companies like JP Morgan or Lexis Nexis. Last year I started to get involved in the world of blockchain development learning solidity and web3 with the idea of working full time on it at some point. I was invited by Augusto to learn about dxdao and I am very interested in being able to start contributing.

Since I still hold my full-time job that I can’t leave yet, for this trial period proposal I put in 20 hours per week (2 weeks) and I plan to stick with this same part-time scheme until I can commit to a full-time position if everything goes well.

Timeframe:

2 weeks starting on November 29th to December 10th. 20 hours a week part time or 40 hours (whichever comes first).

Goals:

• Collaborate with the DXGov team on the DXVote project.
  • Work on any issue(s) and/or feature(s) that the team leader sees fit for me.
  • Familiarize myself with the code (Like app architecture, libraries, components structure, logic layer, cache , contracts integration) and also with deployment process, team meetings and methodology.
  • Learn more about Blockchain and web3 development in general and also how DXDAO operates.

Responsibilities:

• Worked on Vesting contract tool feature #430 / Pull request
  • Worked on Account modal feature for guilds #468. Work in progress.
  • For next months I will expect to continue working in new features/issues on DXGov

Compensation:

• Experience Level: 3
  • Time commitment: Part Time
  • $750 in ETH. Half paid once the proposal is passed and half paid once the trial period is over ($6,000 monthly base * 0.5 trial period rate * 0.5 adjusted for 2 week trial period * 0.5 adjusted for part time work)
  • $500 in DXD ($4000 monthly base * 0.5 trial period * 0.5 adjusted for 2 week trial period * 0.5 adjusted for part time work) Vested for 2 years with a 1 year cliff starting November 29, 2021.
  • 0.0208% REP ( 0.1667 monthly base * 0.5 trial period rate * 0.5 adjusted for 2 week trial period * 0.5 for part time work)

Work Experience:

Github

8 Likes

Milton has been doing an amazing job so far on DXgov!
We are still a new team and so still finding the best way to onboard new developers, something I’ve been learning a lot more from recently. Despite having documentation issues on DXgov, Milton got familiar with the project very quickly and has a clear drive to learn more about web3.
We assigned Milton a pretty difficult task initially that required gaining a fairly deep understanding of the FE’s architecture and wrote fantastic code that implemented the solution exactly as specified.
Looking forward to working with him more!

7 Likes