Milton Contributor Proposal [13/12/2021 - 06/02/2022] (Trial Period)

[Draft] Milton Contributor Proposal [13/12/2021 - 06/02/2022]

Background:

I started collaborating with the dxgov team last December. After passing that 2-week trial period, this proposal will include the next 2 months of work (trial period).

The last 2-week period has been great. I was able to make progress on the goals I had set for myself and I think I was able to contribute to the team. Sure this will be a work in progress for several months, but technically and conceptually I feel much more comfortable working with on-chain architecture, web3, contracts interaction, etc. I also think that I have become more familiar with how the dxvote dapp works since I had the opportunity to work on things not so superficial like the cache, different services and stores. Even though it was tough at first, it was really good to speed up my part-time onboarding.

For this proposal I will focus on continuing to collaborate with the dxgov team, contributing to the guilds MVP, and supporting dxvote.

Timeframe:

2 months starting December 13, 2021, to February 6, 2022. 20 hours per week (part-time)

Goals:

• Collaborate with the DXGov team on the DXVote project.
  • Gain more understanding about Guild and support MVP development
  • Work on any issue(s) and/or feature(s) that the team leader sees fit for me.
  • Familiarize myself with the code (Like app architecture, libraries, components structure, logic layer, cache , contracts integration) and also with deployment process, team meetings and methodology.
  • Learn more about Blockchain and web3 development in general and also how DXDAO operates.
  • Catch up with the worker proposal flow.

Responsibilities:

Collaborate with the dxgov team to build Guilds MVP and support dxvote

Compensation:

Experience Level:
For work completed from November 29 to December 31, level 3 of the previous structure. And for 2022 working hours level 4 of the new structure.

Time commitment:
Part Time (80hs/month)

Payment: -

Work Experience:

Daotalk - Worker propsal [29/11/2021 - 10/12/2021]
See contributions on Github
4 years as a full-stack web developer

4 Likes

Filling in the missing payment information.

Payment:
Calculated from 50% rate for part time work, at 80% from full salary (trial):

• $4800 DAI ($2400 x 2 months)
  • $3200 DXD ($1,600 x 2 months) vested for 3 years.
  • 2310.88 REP (1155.44 x 2 months)

To be sent once the trial period has ended in a single payment proposal.

6 Likes

Period review

Daily work:

https://miltor.notion.site/Milton-Dxdao-Daily-work-Trial-period-2month-13-12-2021-06-02-2022-02c2c97df477476b8c10bc369fff9bf9

Issues I worked on:

Prs created:

Prs reviewed:

For these two months of trial period the main objective continued to be technical onboarding in general, being the main responsibility to contribute to the dxgov team. Everything went pretty well, I think the not-so-good part is related to being part-time and not being able to spend more time on dxdao stuff.

The good:

I think the amount/nature of tickets/issues i worked on was good in terms of contributing to dxgov team and learning process for me. I mainly worked on Guilds, I have now more understanding of what we are building, how we are doing it, and the end goal. Contract interaction tasks were very good to further get familiarize with dxdao contracts. These months were also good in terms of teamwork, not only to get to know each other but to get used to working together (at least for me), where team comunication has been great when needed. I feel much more comfortable with the operation of the dao in general (non-technical stuff), being something completely unknown to me in the previous months. At the end of this period ethdenver happened, which was great to meet (almost) everyone, being really important for my decision to continue contributing here.

Could be better:

Being part-time is a big limitation in all possible aspects: technical learning, getting involved with the DAO, participating in meetings, being available in the chat, being able to do something more than simply what the issue indicates, etc. Communication was fine but I couldn’t be on a day-to-day basis. That will be something to improve in the next period. Also would be great to spend some % of the time doing contract development, since at some point could result in a smother process for FE development.

Having verified that it is not possible to give my best having another full-time job, and being part-time here and contemplating all the limitations already mentioned, I hope to be able to transition to a full time scheme here at dxdao in the coming weeks/month after reviewing my trial period with Dxdao leader and getting DxDao confirmation for next steps.

5 Likes