I started collaborating with the dxgov team last December 2021, this proposal will include the next 2 months of work.
After completing the 2.5 month trial period (https://daotalk.org/t/milton-contributor-proposal-13-12-2021-06-02-2022-trial-period/3793) and reviewing it with dxgov lead, my intention is to continue collaborating with dxdao and transition into a full-time commitment.
As I continue working on another full-time project the time set for this proposal will include:
- ETHDenver time
- Some working hrs at the beginning of the period.
- Time off after Denver
- The transition period from my current job (not many working hours)
- A full-time commitment to DxDao starting March 21. Will focus on continuing to collaborate with the dxgov team, contributing to the guilds MVP, and supporting dxvote.
The reason I am just now submitting my proposal is due to the fact that only now I have a clear date of when I will be able to commit to a full-time contribution. Before that, this period was mainly time off (denver+transition) and some small contributions.
The commitment time for this proposal will be based on hours that I will update at the end of the period along with the payment details and proper daily worksheet.
For the last two months of the trial period, the main objective continued to be technical onboarding in general, being the main responsibility to contribute to the dxgov team. Everything went pretty well, I think the not-so-good part is related to being part-time and not being able to spend more time on dxdao stuff.
I consider the amount/nature of tickets/issues I worked on was reasonable in terms of contributing to dxgov team and the learning process for me. I mainly worked on Guilds, I have now more understanding of what we are building, how we are doing it, and the end goal. Contract interaction tasks were a great opportunity to further get familiarized with dxdao contracts. These past months were notable in terms of teamwork, not only to get to know each other but to get used to working together (at least for me), where team communication has been efficient when needed. I feel much more comfortable with the operation of the dao in general, being something completely unknown to me in the previous months. At the end of this period, ethdenver happened, which was an amazing opportunity to meet almost everyone, this event was a relevant factor when making my decision to continue contributing here.
Could be better:
Being part-time is quite limiting in all possible aspects: technical learning, getting involved with the DAO, participating in meetings, being available in the chat, being able to do something more than simply what the issue indicates, etc. Communication was decent but I could not be on a day-to-day basis. That will be something to improve in the next period. It would also be helpful to spend some time doing contract development since at some point could result in a smoother process for FE development. Also would like to spend more time doing code reviews.
Last period contributions:
- PR-509 - Vesting contract interaction modal with redeem action
- PR-529 - Update nvm version & remove package-lock file
- PR-534 - Add pagination to proposal fetching
- PR-545 - Rename xdai to Gnosis chain
- PR-549 - Add integration tests (Cypress implementation)
- PR-587 - Fetch/show guild instance config data
- PR-557 - Guild config data (Closed due swr implementation)
- PR-604 - Remove proposals context
- PR-601 - Get voting power data for guilds
- PR-621 - Show member sidebar
- PR-641 - Create proposal page
2 months. From February 7, 2022, to April 3, 2022.
- Collaborate with the DXGov team on the DXVote project.
- Work on any issue(s) and/or feature(s) that the team leader sees fit for me.
- Continue learning more about web3 and solidity development in general
- Start contributing to dxdao-contracts repo
- Once the dev script is done for dxvote, would be nice to setup e2e test suite to use the local network.
Collaborate with the dxgov team to build Guilds MVP and support dxvote
Experience Level: Level 4
Time commitment: -
Daotalk - Worker proposal [29/11/2021 - 10/12/2021]
Daotalk - Worker proposal [13/12/2021 - 06/02/2022]
See contributions on Github
4 years as a full-stack web developer