Melanie Worker Proposal 2/1/2022-3/31/2022

Background:

This contributor proposal is for Melanie, @melaniemd on Keybase. I am currently leading the ContributorX at DXdao. In this role my focus will be around talent management and contributor engagement. Ongoing goals of mine are to strengthen DXdao’s collaborative culture, foster innovation and implement and manage a scalable onboarding and recruiting process. Below outlines my scope of work for the next 2 months.

Timeframe:

• 2/1/2022-3/31/2022
    • I will be reaching my 1 year anniversary at DXdao during this proposal period!
  • 2 months

Proposed Scope of Contribution:
Onboarding and Contributor Proposal Management

• Manage Onboarding Process
    • Oversee all DXdao onboarding procedures for incoming contributors
      • Act as a consultant to incoming contributors
      • Serve as a liaison between incoming contributors and current squads
      • Assist with coordinating contributor orientation/ training
      • Ongoing new contributor engagement and support
  • Assist with developing and executing recruiting processes
    • Responsibilities include:
      • Ongoing contributor description development
      • Screening, interviewing, candidate assessment and candidate selection
      • Refinement of overall “interview” process
        • Collaboration with squad leaders
      • Introducing new tooling to help streamline recruiting processes
        • Workable (ATS)
  • Active/ongoing recruitment for new DXdao contributors
    • Collaborate with squad leaders to screen, interview and onboard contributors
    • Job boards (Cryptocurrency Jobs, Week in Ethereum & Bankless)
      • More details around my Recruiting Funding Proposal can be found here
  • Manage and assist contributors through current contributor proposal process
    • Ensure contributor’s proposals are completed and submitted in two month cycles (Proposal details are specified in DXdocs)
    • Walk all new contributors through contributor proposal content development
    • Aide new contributors through proposal submission on DXvote and /or Alchemy (xDXdao)
  • Support the AppreciationDAO using Coordinape initiative alongside @sky and @allyq
  • Oversee current contributor proposal notification system for contributors
    • @allyq will be responsible for executing this initiative in Keybase
  • Continued development of scalable contributor proposal solutions in progress
  • Oversee tracking of all previous and ongoing proposal submission
    • @allyq will be responsible for all daily tracking of worker proposals/ DXD/REP

Talent Management - Contributor Retention

• Develop a proposal for a Entity Formation and Maintenance Contributor Stipend
  • Improve overall experience at DXdao for contributors
    • Coordination of in-person events
      • Collaborate with @sky in planning ETHDenver
        • Meta Sponsorship
        • DXdao Happy Hour
  • Lead weekly ContributorX call
  • Continued development and implementation of contributor incentive and reward programs
    • Epoch 1 of Coordinape - 2021 End of Year Appreciation

Self Reflection on previous worker proposal:

Here is my reflection on the past 2 months of contributing at DXdao

What I did well :

In December, we passed the Payment Structure update through governance and transitioned all DXdao contributors to the updated pay structure. In conjunction with the payment structure update, I met 1:1 with all DXdao contributors to discuss the new structure and assisted with transitioning them into the new structure. I also collaborated with the DXgov team on the payment structure updates to DXvote.

In January, the ContributorX began to shift a lot of focus on recruiting. Working alongside @keenanluke we helped to source, recruit, interview and bring on a new member to DXvoice as a Social Media and Community growth manager.

Supported @allyq in the implementationof our first peer review at DXdao. I am looking forward to continuing this initiative moving forward at DXdao.

Needs improvement:

In the upcoming months I want to focus more on strategy and processes around improving sourcing and recruiting contributors to DXdao.

Compensation:

This proposal falls under the new compensation structure enacted from 01/01/2022. After discussing with multiple DXdao contributors I will be updating my compensation level to 6.

• Level 6
  • Time commitment- 100%
  • Contributing to DXdao since 3/22/2021.
  • Full-time for total of 40 hours per week, for two months (2/1/2021-3/31/2022)
    • Month 1
      • $8,000 (xDAI)
      • $6,000 (DXD). Vested for 3 years.
      • 0.1667% REP
    • Month 2
      • $8,000 (xDAI)
      • $6,000 (DXD). Vested for 3 years.
      • 0.1667% REP
      • I will be attending ETHDenver conference from February 14th-21st and requesting my ETHDenver contributor stipend in my month 2 (end) proposal. Details of totals will be outlined in my reflection.

Previous Worker Proposals:

Previous worker proposal 3/22/21-5/31/21
Previous worker proposal 6/1/21-8/1/21
Previous worker proposal 8/2/2021- 10/1/21
Previous worker proposal 10/2/2021- 11/30/21
Previous worker proposal 12/1/2021- 1/31/22

10 Likes

Here is my reflection on the past 2 months at DXdao

What I did well:

Collaborating with @sky and @allyq to initiate and execute Epoch 1 of AppreciationDAO using Coordinape. We have been discussing the use of Coordinape for quite some time, and it finally came to life in the first quarter of 2022. The process was almost seamless and well adapted by DXdao contributors. I look forward to continuing the use of this DAO tool as one of the many ways to reward our active, valuable contributors.

With the big support of @Violet, @nylon, @zett and @luzzifoss we were able to recruit 8 new contributors to DXdao over the past 2 months. Big thank you! It is great to see our product teams growing to help us reach our goals.

What I can improve on:

Although I can say ETHDenver was a success overall, there were still areas of improvement that I have identified for myself. Increased attention to detail and communication should have been given to DXdao contributors for the ETHDenver Buidlathon. This would have prevented a few hiccups during the buidler judging and award distribution phases. Despite this, I think we are in a good rhythm of planning and attending conferences/events with our community.

Onboarding new contributors was a bit challenging during this period. Two main factors caused this: 1. Number of new contributors onboarding was higher than usual (a good problem to have) and 2. ETHDenver - balancing the coordination of the conference. Moving forward, I will improve strategy on how many new contributors we can support onboarding at any given time.

6 Likes