Melanie Contributor Proposal 8/2/21-10/1/21 [Draft]

Background:

This contributor proposal is for Melanie (MMDHR Consulting), @melaniedavis on Keybase. I am currently leading the Contributor UX at DXdao. In this role my focus will be around talent management and contributor engagement. Ongoing goals of mine are to strengthen DXdao’s collaborative culture, foster innovation and implement and manage a scalable recruiting and onboarding process. Below is my outlined scope of work for the next 2 months.

Timeframe:

• 8/2/21- 10/1/21
  • 2 months

Proposed Scope of Contribution:

Onboarding and Worker Proposal Management

• Manage Onboarding Process
    • Oversee all DXdao onboarding procedures for incoming contributors
      • Act as a consultant to incoming contributors
      • Serve as a liaison between incoming contributors and current squads
      • Assist with coordinating contributor orientation/ training
      • Ongoing new contributor engagement
  • Assist with developing/executing recruiting processes
    • Responsibilities include:
      • Ongoing contributor description development
      • Screening, interviewing, candidate assessment and candidate selection
      • Refinement of overall “interview” process
        • Collaboration with squad leaders
  • Active/ongoing recruitment for new DXdao contributors
    • i.e. hackathons, dev workshops and recruiting agencies
  • Manage and assist contributors through current contributor proposal process
    • Ensure contributor’s proposals are completed and submitted in two month cycles (Proposal details are specified in the Contributor Guidelines)
    • Walk all new contributors through contributor proposal content development
    • Aide new contributors through proposal submission on Alchemy
  • Oversee current contributor proposal notification system for contributors
    • @allyq will be responsible for executing this initiative in Keybase
  • Continued development of scalable contributor proposal solutions in progress
  • Oversee tracking of all previous and ongoing proposal submission
    • @allyq will be responsible for all daily tracking of worker proposals/ DXD/REP

Talent Management - Contributor Retention

• Collaborate with @Powers and @KeenanL on passing a new compensation structure through governance
  • Work alongside Position with @powers and @KeenanL on finding and onboarding DXdao’s new marketing lead
    • Responsibilities include:
      • Screening, interviewing, candidate assessment and candidate support through process
  • Lead weekly Contributor UX call
  • Continued development and implementation of contributor incentive and reward programs
    • DXReferral
      • Development
      • Implementation
  • Improve overall experience at DXdao for contributors
    • Professional development
      • Retreats
      • Additional training
    • In person events
      • Conferences

Self Reflection on previous worker proposal:

Here is my reflection on the past 2 months of contributing to the DXdao community.

• What I did well
    • I think I did well at helping organize DXdao’s participation in 0xHack. At the hackathon @JohnKelleher gave an excellent presentation and I was able to successfully recruit one of the newest members of Aqua, @ross
    • With the help of all contributors at DXdao, our first DXEvent happened earlier in July at ETHCC & Paris Blockchain week and I would say it was a success! Details around this event can be found here.
  • What I did okay
    • Last period, I thought the Contributor UX was beginning to have a grasp around how to improve the inefficiencies in the contributor proposal process. Most contributor proposals were submitted on time, and we saw a decrease in outstanding contributor proposals. Unfortunately, we are still experiencing the submission of late proposals and how they affect the community, as evident here. This period we will continue to work on improving this ever evolving and challenging contributor proposal process.
  • What I need to improve on
    • I think I did okay at collaborating with @chrispowers and @keenanluke on the implementation of our compensation overhaul. As apparent here, our proposal did not pass in the community, and there is still some work to do in order to gain consensus on a new compensation structure.
    • An ongoing initiative of mine is around incentive programs for DXdao contributors and community members. I would have liked to have implemented a referral system, but did not have the opportunity to. This worker proposal I will be making the referral system a top priority.
    • I know there are so many areas of web3/DeFi/DAOs that I need to gain knowledge and expertise in. I would say that this is an area that will be a constant area of growth and improvement for me as our DAO and surrounding communities evolve.

Compensation:

• Experience Level 4
  • Time commitment- 100%
  • Contributing to DXdao since 3/22/2021.
  • Full-time for total of 40 hours per week, for two months (8/2/21- 10/1/21)
    • Month 1
      • $7,000 (xDai)
      • $5,000 (DXD). Vested for 2 years.
      • 0.1667% REP
    • Month 2
      • $7,000 (xDai)
      • $5,000 (DXD). Vested for 2 years.
      • 0.1667% REP

Previous Contributor Proposals:

Previous contributor proposal 3/22/21-5/31/21
Previous contributor proposal 6/1/21-8/1/21

13 Likes

Melanie has been so amazing in supporting me as I joined DXdao and beyond with anything I have needed. The Contributor UX is truly something special and I think is one of DXdao’s greatest assets.

9 Likes

Here is my reflection on the past 2 months of contributing to the DXdao community

• What I did well
    • Completed the search for our next Marketing lead along Position. It was a long process, and it definitely surfaced a lot of the challenges of recruiting for a DAO. More details around this process can be found here . In conclusion, @nissa was successfully recruited and is now contributing to Marketing/ DXVoice at DXdao.
  • What I did okay
    • After a few months of discussion I finished the development and implementation of DXReferral . I gave myself an “okay” for this because I could have been more timely with this initiative. Despite the timeline, I am overall satisfied with the parameters/guidelines for DXReferral and am happy we now have a referral program for our contributors. The onchain proposal for DXReferral can be found here .
  • What I need to improve on
    • Over these past few months DXdao lost a few key contributors on our technical team. Although I should not take full responsibility for these occurrences, I must acknowledge that something caused them to happen. A primary part of my role is to help identify ways to prevent this moving forward and I will continue to tackle these challenges.
    • I didn’t have a chance this period to review, restructure, and implement the worker compensation overhaul as previously outlined in my proposal
    • Gaining more knowledge and expertise in web3/DeFi/DAOs. This will always be noted as an area of growth and improvement for me
9 Likes