Melanie Contributor Proposal 10/2/2021 - 11/30/2021 [Draft]

Background:

This contributor proposal is for Melanie (MMDHR Consulting), @melaniedavis on Keybase. I am currently leading the Contributor UX at DXdao. In this role my focus will be around talent management and contributor engagement. Ongoing goals of mine are to strengthen DXdao’s collaborative culture, foster innovation and implement and manage a scalable recruiting and onboarding process. Below is my outlined scope of work for the next 2 months.

Timeframe:

• 10/2/21- 11/30/21
  • 2 months

Proposed Scope of Contribution:

Onboarding and Worker Proposal Management

• Manage Onboarding Process
    • Oversee all DXdao onboarding procedures for incoming contributors
      • Act as a consultant to incoming contributors
      • Serve as a liaison between incoming contributors and current squads
      • Assist with coordinating contributor orientation/ training
      • Ongoing new contributor engagement and support
  • Assist with developing/executing recruiting processes
    • Responsibilities include:
      • Ongoing contributor description development
      • Screening, interviewing, candidate assessment and candidate selection
      • Refinement of overall “interview” process
        • Collaboration with squad leaders
  • Active/ongoing recruitment for new DXdao contributors
    • Job Boards (CC Jobs, Week in Ethereum & Bankless)
      • More details around my Recruiting Funding Proposal can be found here
    • Recruiting at ETHGlobal & ETHLisbon
      • Screening, interviewing, and assessinging candidates from these hackathons
    • Engaging with multiple agencies for dev placements
      • Odiin and SquareOne Resources
  • Manage and assist contributors through current contributor proposal process
    • Ensure contributor’s proposals are completed and submitted in two month cycles (Proposal details are specified in the Contributor Guidelines)
    • Walk all new contributors through contributor proposal content development
    • Aide new contributors through proposal submission on Alchemy (xDXdao)
  • Oversee current contributor proposal notification system for contributors
    • @allyq will be responsible for executing this initiative in Keybase
  • Continued development of scalable contributor proposal solutions in progress
  • Oversee tracking of all previous and ongoing proposal submission
    • @allyq will be responsible for all daily tracking of worker proposals/ DXD/REP

Talent Management - Contributor Retention

• Improve overall experience at DXdao for contributors
  • Lead weekly Contributor UX call
  • Continued development and implementation of contributor incentive and reward programs

Self Reflection on previous contributor proposal:

Here is my reflection on the past 2 months of contributing to the DXdao community

• What I did well
    • Completed the search for our next Marketing lead along Position. It was a long process, and it definitely surfaced a lot of the challenges of recruiting for a DAO. More details around this process can be found here . In conclusion, @nissa was recruited and is now contributing to DXvoice at DXdao.
  • What I did okay
    • After a few months of discussion I finished the development and implementation of DXReferral . I gave myself an “okay” for this because I could have been more timely with this initiative. Despite the timeline, I am overall satisfied with the parameters/guidelines for DXReferral and am happy we now have a referral program for our contributors. The onchain proposal for DXReferral can be found here .
  • What I need to improve on
    • Over these past few months DXdao lost a few key contributors on our technical team. Although I should not take full responsibility for these occurrences, I must acknowledge that something caused them to happen. A primary part of my role is to help identify ways to prevent this moving forward and I will continue to tackle these challenges.
    • I didn’t have a chance this period to review, restructure, and implement the contributor compensation overhaul as previously outlined in my proposal.
    • Gaining more knowledge and expertise in web3/DeFi/DAOs. This will always be noted as an area of growth and improvement for me

Compensation:

• Experience Level 4
  • Time commitment- 100%
  • Contributing to DXdao since 3/22/2021.
  • Full-time for total of 40 hours per week, for two months (10/2/21- 11/30/21)
    • Month 1
      • $7,000 (xDai)
      • $5,000 (DXD). Vested for 2 years.
      • 0.1667% REP
    • Month 2
      • $7,000 (xDai)
      • $5,000 (DXD). Vested for 2 years.
      • 0.1667% REP

Previous Worker Proposals:

Previous worker proposal 3/22/21-5/31/21
Previous worker proposal 6/1/21-8/1/21
Previous worker proposal 8/2/2021- 10/1/21

9 Likes

Definitely important to reflect on this and something I also feel responsible for. In my estimation though, the couple of technical contributors leaving can’t be attributed to Melanie. I believe they left for projects they were more excited about, and thus I think the main thing we can focus on at DXdao is on building momentum, and excitement, around DXdao product initiatives.

8 Likes