Madusha - Contributor Proposal [30/08/2021 - 31/10/2021]

Background and Self-Reflection

In the past two months, my contributions have been towards the Aqua team. The team went through a challenging period, but have emerged stronger than ever, with the MVP almost ready to ship. Work has already begun for the next release, which includes the fair sale scope. My retrospective on the past couple of months is available in this post.

Until now, I’ve been contributing part-time to DXdao. I’m excited for the future of DXdao and the whole product suite we’re building. With the amazing support from the whole DAO, I’ve been able to adapt very quickly, and have been immensely enjoying my work. Thanks to all this, I’ve already given advance notice to my current workplace, and will be shifting to full-time, starting from 01st of October. (Yay!) For the first month of this proposal, until the transition happens, I’ll continue to work 15 hours per week.

Timeframe

60 Hours of work for the first month.
Full-time for the second month, starting 01st October.

Proposed Scope of Contribution

Goals

• Build the Aqua Fair Sale features, and continue to work on the deliverables in the Aqua roadmap.
  • Support MVP launch of Aqua, integrating bug-fixes and suggestions.
  • Work across the whole development stack. As part of this, I’ll be working on improving my smart contract development skills.

Responsibilities:

• Collaborate with Aqua team members to improve and stabilize the platform
  • Work towards keeping development on-track with the roadmap

Time commitment

First Month (30th August - 30th September)

• Part-time
  • I will be continuing to work 15 hours per week, similar to the past two months.
  • Time tracking will continue, in a spreadsheet with the Aqua team.

Second Month (01st October - 31st October)

• Full-time (40 hours / week)

Compensation

Experience Level: 3

Salary for the first month - Calculated at 37.5% rate

• $2250 DAI ($6000 * 37.5%) to be sent on the first payment proposal
  • $1500 DXD ($4000 DXD * 37.5%) in a vesting contract continuously for two years with a one year cliff, when the work agreement finishes (31/10/21)
  • 0.0625% REP (0.1667 * 37.5%), to be sent on the first payment proposal

Salary for the second month - Calculated at full-time rate

• $6000 DAI to be sent on the second payment proposal
  • $4000 DXD in a vesting contract continuously for two years with a one year cliff, when the work agreement finishes (31/10/21)
  • 0.1667% REP, to be sent on the second payment proposal

I will be submitting the two proposals according to the above, instead of claiming 50%/50% evenly split.

This proposal falls under the current Contributor Guidelines, enacted on February 17, 2021.

Should DXdao approve any changes to the Contributor Guidelines Compensation Structure that go into effect during my stated contract period, I reserve the right to introduce a new DAOtalk post and on-chain proposal to adjust the above stated compensation amounts to reflect the new compensation structure.

I am aware that any change in my compensation level must be reviewed and approved by my squad, squad leader, and the Contributor UX leader, before I can make a new proposal for this change in compensation.

Work Experience

1. Past Proposals: Trial proposal, Second proposal
  2. Some of my bigger PRs from the past proposal period: #314, #328, #346, #408
  3. See all contributions on Github
  4. 4 years as a full-stack web developer at Pearson
9 Likes

Very exciting that you are joining DXdao full time!

4 Likes

As the team reorganization discussion progresses, I believe my draft proposal above is not as up-to-date as I’d like it to be. I will add the following to the end of the Proposed Scope of Contribution section of my on-chain proposal, to make sure any future changes are acknowledged.

While the currently proposed scope of contribution is focused on Aqua, I will be open to contributing to other DXdao products if the need arises, due to the ongoing dev team reorganization discussions.

The proposal is now live on-chain and can be found here. I will update this thread once it’s boosted.

2 Likes

My on-chain proposal has been boosted, and can be voted on here.

1 Like