Madusha - Contributor Proposal [27/06/2021 - 26/08/2021]

Background and Self-Reflection:

I successfully completed my trial period at DXdao. It has been a great experience so far, and the Aqua team has provided positive feedback. This has been my first work experience at a DAO and in the crypto domain, and it’s been nothing short of amazing.

Due to current work obligations at my full-time role, I will be continuing part-time for the current proposal period. In the future, I’ll be gradually increasing my time availability, with the goal of going full-time.

In the trial period, I was quite focused on the front-end development efforts of Aqua. This included work on the fixed-price sale user interface, IPFS integration, user feedback collection tools, as well as UX improvements around communicating sale mechanics.

For the trial period, I wasn’t very engaged with the smart contract development of Aqua. Over the next weeks, I hope to work more on smart contracts, as gaining experience in smart contract development was one of my key goals in joining DXdao. I will also continue to work on the front-end and overall user experience improvements.

Over the next few weeks, I’ll also improve my engagement with the DAO governance. I tend to usually be a bit silent and observe before I start engaging with communities. It will gradually improve as I continue working with the community and adopt.

Timeframe

2 Months or 120 hours (Whichever is reached first)

Proposed Scope of Contribution

• Goals:
    • Work on the current roadmap for Aqua, and stabilize Fixed-Price sales on the platform.
    • Build the Fair Sale user experience with the team.
    • Work on additional features for Aqua, for example implementing additional wallet integrations.
    • Increasingly engage with smart contract development, and work across the whole stack.
  • Responsibilities:
    • Collaborate with Aqua team members to improve the platform
    • Work with the team in keeping the development on-track, especially during Martin’ unavailability due to the ongoing governance process

Time commitment

• Part-time
  • I completed my trial period of 40 hours with an average of about 15-20 hours per week. Based on that, I will use 15 hours per week as the estimated commitment, but the actual commitment might be higher.
  • Time tracking will continue as earlier, in a spreadsheet with the Aqua team.

Compensation

• Experience Level: 3

• Salary - Calculated from 37.5% rate, at 80% from full salary:

• $3600 DAI ($1800 * 2 months), to be sent half on the first payment proposal and half on the second payment proposal

• 4.58 DXD (2.29 * 2 months) in a vesting contract continuously for two years with a one year cliff, when the work agreement finishes (26/8/21)

• 1564 REP (782 * 2 months), to be sent half on the first payment proposal and half on the second payment proposal

This proposal falls under the current Contributor Guidelines, enacted on February 17, 2021.

Should DXdao approve any changes to the Contributor Guidelines Compensation Structure that go into effect during my stated contract period, I reserve the right to introduce a new DAOtalk post and on-chain proposal to adjust the above stated compensation amounts to reflect the new compensation structure.

I am aware that any change in my compensation level must be reviewed and approved by my squad, squad leader, and the Contributor UX leader, before I can make a new proposal for this change in compensation.

Work Experience

6 Likes

The first half of the proposal is live on Alchemy for voting: Alchemy | DAOstack