Madusha - Contributor Proposal [01/11/2021 - 31/12/2021]

Background

In my previous proposal period, the DXdao development efforts were consolidated to have more focus on Governance and Swapr. As a result, I moved to DXgov team, and have been working on DXvote. As I mentioned in my reflection on the previous contribution period, the whole DXgov team has quickly adapted, with regular releases and a lot of new features and improvements delivered.

Proposed Scope of Contribution

My contributions will align with the DXvote Attack Plan. Right now we’re focusing on getting Phase 1 completed.

Goals:

• Support Guild MVP development
  • UI/UX improvements on DXvote

Responsibilities:

• Collaborate with DXgov members to build and improve our governance products
  • Keep DXvote development efforts on-track, according to the Attack Plan

Time commitment

Full-time (40 hours / week)

Compensation

Experience Level: 3

• $12000 ($6000 * 2) to be sent half on the first payment proposal, and half on the second payment proposal
  • $8000 DXD ($4000 * 2) in a vesting contract continuously for two years with a one year cliff, when the work agreement finishes (31/12/21)
  • 0.3334% REP (0.1667 * 2), to be sent half on the first payment proposal, and half on the second payment proposal

Work Experience

1. Past Proposals
  1. Some notable PRs from the last proposal period
  1. See all contributions on Github
  2. 4 years as a full-stack web developer at Pearson Education
5 Likes

A retrospective

Over the past couple of months, the DXgov team was quite focused on building the guilds MVP implementation. We’ve been working alongside the UI designs by Geronimo, and have completed a good chunk of the UI already, even among the holidays.

Personally, I took a proper vacation after a while and also graduated from university, so the past couple of months have been quite a fun ride.

Did well:

• A lot of work to support the guilds MVP. We didn’t have anything Guilds-related written at the start of this proposal period, so the current progress is quite good.
  • Improvements, code refactoring and new features to DXvote. Among other things, this included:
    • Cache handling improvements
    • CSV and Markdown data exports to DXvote

Improve on:

• Some of the DXvote improvements and bugfixes have been slower due to the guilds MVP work. This is something that would probably continue due to the limited resources we have, but we can put more focus on minimizing the impact.
  • I couldn’t read up deeper on the Guilds smart contracts due to ongoing work and holidays.

Work completed:

• Find my completed pull requests here.

Compensation:

Because my proposal period overlapped with the holiday period, I had reduced availability in December. I’m reducing my second month compensation to 70% which I believe is a more fair number with regards to the work that was completed.

• $4200 DAI ($6000 DAI * 70%) to be sent on the second payment proposal
  • $2800 DXD ($4000 DXD * 70%) in a vesting contract continuously for two years with a one year cliff, when the work agreement finishes (31/12/21)
  • 0.11669% REP (0.1667 * 70%), to be sent on the second payment proposal
6 Likes