Madusha - Contributor Proposal [01/03/2022 - 30/04/2022]

Background and Self-Reflection

We’ve reached the final stages of the Guilds MVP development. I’ve written about my past contribution period and the ongoing progress with Guilds on this thread.

Proposed Scope of Contribution

My scope of contribution is largely unchanged from the last proposal period. I will continue to focus on finishing remaining development work and shipping Guilds.

1. Goals:
  • Continue supporting the Guilds MVP development.
  • Ongoing UI/UX improvements as well as bug-fixes on DXvote.
  • Get more involved with Guilds smart contract development.
  1. Responsibilities:
  • Collaborate with DXgov members to build and improve our governance products
  • Keep DXvote development efforts on-track, according to the Attack Plan

Time commitment

Full-time (40 hours / week)

Compensation

Experience Level: 5

• $14000 ($7000 * 2) to be sent half on the first payment proposal, and half on the second payment proposal
  • $10000 DXD ($5000 * 2) vested for three years
  • 0.3334% REP (0.1667 * 2), to be sent half on the first payment proposal, and half on the second payment proposal

Work Experience

1. Past Proposals
  1. My PRs from the last proposal period can be found here.
  2. 4 years as a full-stack web developer at Pearson Education
7 Likes

A retrospective

The Guilds development efforts are finally coming to completion. While there are some more things to be done, the smart contracts have been sent to audit and the Guilds UI workflows are now nearing a state where we can comfortably open it up for the rest of the DAO for testing.

As a team, we’ve focused a lot on improving our processes in this period. We’ve had a lot of discussions about how we plan and execute. These conversations are now coming to fruition and I believe this will have a lasting positive impact on how we work and onboard new people.

My productivity took a toll because of the circumstances in my country. Nevertheless, this was my first true attempt at smart contract development and I’m quite happy with the progress I’ve made. I also put a lot of time into building the action builder in the Guilds proposal creation, which might be the best smart contract action creation experience around thanks to Geronimo’s awesome UX designs.

Did well:

• Development on the Guilds MVP, mostly focused on the action builder implementation.

• Guilds smart contract development. Worked on the Enforced Binary Guild and Enforced Binary Snapshot Guild implementations.

• Lots of collaboration with the team on brainstorming features and development.

Improve on:

• Productivity and time management. I don’t think I was as productive as I usually am and will focus on improving this.

Work completed:

• Find my completed pull requests here .

Compensation:

I am taking 80% compensation which I believe better reflects the amount of work I did.

• $5600 ($7000 * 0.8) DAI to be sent on the second payment proposal

• $4000 DXD ($5000 * 0.8) in a vesting contract continuously for three years, when the work agreement finishes (30/04/22)

• 0.13336% REP (0.1667% * 0.8), to be sent on the second payment proposal

4 Likes