Background and Self-Reflection
The DXgov team has been working mostly on the new Guilds implementation in the last couple of months. A lot of progress has been made, as mentioned in my reflection of the past contribution period.
Proposed Scope of Contribution
My contributions will continue to focus on finishing the development work and shipping the Guilds MVP.
- Continue supporting the Guild MVP development
- Ongoing UI/UX improvements as well as bugfixes on DXvote
- Collaborate with DXgov members to build and improve our governance products
- Keep DXvote development efforts on-track, according to the Attack Plan
Full-time (40 hours / week)
My proposal falls under the new compensation structure enacted from 01/01/2022. My past proposal was made under level 3 in the previous compensation structure.
After discussing with my team leads and the contributor experience squad, I’m updating my compensation level to Level 5.
Experience Level: 5
- $14000 ($7000 * 2) to be sent half on the first payment proposal, and half on the second payment proposal
- $10000 DXD ($5000 * 2) vested for three years
- 0.3334% REP (0.1667 * 2), to be sent half on the first payment proposal, and half on the second payment proposal
- Past Proposals
- My PRs from the last proposal period can be found here.
- 4 years as a full-stack web developer at Pearson Education
Knowing Madusha for his great work, the Swapr team recently reached out to him for assistance on the network switching for a wallet integration and he delivered.
It’s great to have you contributing to the community!
The DXgov team have been continuing to focus on implementing Guilds on the past two months, continuing on from the work we had done earlier. As of now, we’ve completed most of the core features planned for the MVP of Guilds already. The focus is now on finishing-up the remaining features as well as providing a polished user experience.
We’ve had quite a bit of changes to the DXgov team in the past couple of months, with a number of new devs joining, as well as Luli having to leave the team (although hopefully he’ll be returning soon). A number of team members also participated in EthDenver events in February. We’ve made good progress even among multiple team changes and EthDenver.
- Continued development on the Guilds MVP
- Improvements to DXvote
- Support for parallel connections to multiple networks. This will hopefully be very handy when we want to build more multi-chain features soon.
- Search by proposer wallet address or ENS name in DXvote search
- Flagging proposals as incorrect, when a proposer down-stakes their own proposal
- Security fixes to proposal renderer
- Fixes to ENS cache loading
- Spent a lot of time researching multi-chain support, Ether-SWR implementation etc.
- Collaborated a lot more with the team members, on brainstorming and code.
- I had a lot of trouble with power and networking outages in the past few weeks, with all the craziness unfolding here in my home country. Now I have backup power and connectivity options, so hopefully it wouldn’t continue to have an impact.
- Smart contract development. I started working on smart contracts, although its been a lot of reading-up and learning than actually writing code. I’m expecting to focus more on this and work on open contracts issues soon.
- Find my completed pull requests here.
- $7000 DAI to be sent on the second payment proposal
- $5000 DXD in a vesting contract continuously for
two years with a one year cliff three years, when the work agreement finishes (01/03/22)
- 0.1667% REP, to be sent on the second payment proposal
[12/03/2022] Updated vesting period to be three years, instead of two years with a one year cliff.