Level K Draft Worker Proposal 11/2020 - 12/2020

Timeframe

01/11/2020 - 31/12/2020, 2 months.

Responsibilities/Goals

Governance
• Participate in Governance 2.0 working group
• Support assembly of DXtrust Research Team in accordance with the 5-point Plan
• Support coordination with DAOstack on governance platform development
• Support next generation decentralized infrastructure exploration and experimentation, such as with Urbit and Radicle beta trials

Product
• Support launch and continued development of DXswap/Swapr
• Help construct roadmaps for Swapr and other DXdao products
• Work with DXdao developers to improve development processes

Community Building
• Support recruiting and onboarding of marketing / communication / business development roles
• Be available for pubilc speaking and community engagement activities

Security
• Prioritize upcoming auditing needs and coordinate audits
• Help assess and manage overall security posture of DXdao

Compensation

LevelK has already received the max amount of REP in past proposals. According to the guidelines for a DXdao worker with expert level experience and a commitment level of 5, total compensation would be $8,000 worth of ETH and $6,000 worth of DXD per month. As this worker period spans a couple of significant holidays in the United States, 1 week of vacation is accounted for.
• 14000 USD to be paid in ETH. 50% to be paid once the proposal gets approved and 50% on or after 31/12/2020 when the work agreement finishes.
• 10500 USD to be paid in DXD vesting over 24 months with a 12 month cliff, based on the buy price on https://dxdao.eth.link/#/exchange at time of vesting/lockup contract creation. The vesting/lockup contract would be created and funded at final payment and use 01/11/2020 as the starting date of the vesting.

5 Likes

Just to be 100% clear, this would be a full-time role?

It would also be great to explore Arweave a bit more in regard to decentralized, permanent, and permissionless hosting. It’s very similar to IPFS pinning but doesn’t rely on Protocol Labs running a server, it instead has incentivized nodes all over the world.

2 Likes

Looks good!, but I think responsibilities and goals are different things and should go separated, right? A goal would be something you work toward during this time and responsibilities would be things you will have to do if they are required.

And what about Mesa @JohnKelleher? I dont see it there and you have been and still are the only one who as been taking care of it, did you forgot about it or you dont want to be responsible for it anymore? Thats a big thing for dxdao.

2 Likes

Also I think you can use this opportunity to let the community know if you want to “unload” any of your responsibilities if they are a too much for you (I see your list is long, but maybe you are good with it) and we have two months to find the next person to take it over, to make sure you work on the things you want and feel more confortable on.

2 Likes

Good call. I will add Mesa. And yes, I do think it would be good to offload some of these responsibilities. Of course, this sometimes takes time to do well. Here are some of the things I would like to do towards that end in the next worker period:

• Continue to transition project management responsibilities for Swapr to Zett
  • Involve other developers in Mesa. Part of this is DXdao I think needs to have a bigger discussion about product strategy and decide where is best to allocate resources.
  • Find a full time person focusing on comms. Since I feel this is a weakness right now for DXdao I often feel pressure to spend time on this, and getting one to two people more involved will help relieve that pressure.
4 Likes

Yes, full time. I will add wording to make that clear. And for some more context on my work history, here are my two most recent worker proposals:

And here are the corresponding payout requests at the end of the respective periods:

I don’t know much about Arweave. But making all parts of the DXdao stack more decentralized is important. Are you in the keybase? Maybe we could discuss this in the #development channel there?

1 Like

Hi John

Maybe we can have a one-to-one chat next week if you want to offload things? You may have some stuff to-do where I may be a fit and helpful.

Anyone can contact me for help anyway.

At the beginning of next week I will write a post about who I am, what I bring with me, how I can help dxdao to move forward and what my motivations are.

Martin

4 Likes

I’m interested in helping out.

I was planning to post something for the community to think over regarding improving voter engagement on proposals, signaling, and obtaining more input from different stakeholders in decision-making processes. Also, on ways to streamline how information is shared / more transparent.

Would like to discuss how this might fit with things you want to offload.

4 Likes

Looks good John. You have been a great help getting me kickstarted on the marketing & growth side.

3 Likes

@martinkrung Happy to chat this week about where DXdao can use some help!

@pulpmachina This sounds good and also happy to chat more!

1 Like