Keenan Luke Worker Proposal for 02/2021 to 03/2021

Time Frame: January 25th, 2021 - March 19th, 2021, full-time with 40 workable days/2 months

Position: Transitioning to Lead of Communications and Marketing

Background: February marks the end of my 2 month trial period, and what a ride it has been. This experience has been incredible, and I am very humbled to contribute alongside the amazing minds at DXdao.

I have been slowly transitioning from a community/clarity/marketing focused member, to a lead. Much of my second month has revolved around taking control of these factors and setting the direction. I haven’t done the best job keeping track of my day to day work, and there is content missing from below.

Completed Work

Brief overview of completed work, or in progress where incomplete.

• Formatting and pushing various content for DXdao including MIR, partnership ANN’s, etc…

• Creation of DXdao Discord and use of associated automation tools

• Signal updates for external sites surrounding DXdao brand image

• Establishment of community guidelines for Telegram and Discord

• Communication with external entities (press, partnership opps, etc…)

• Creation of DXcomms/mrkting OKR-S and budget roadmap

• Creation of Documentation book designed to more accurately convey information to the community

• Creation of Meetings and Worker Airtables, meetings for use in Doc book; management of Biz Airtable

• Creation of Draft Mesa Communication plan, with aim to work more closely with Martin in the coming months

• Update of externally hosted DXdao content

• Creation of several informative social media posts, with aim to ramp up communication and engagement as products progress

Reflection

What I did well:

• Worker compensation guidelines. I helped to shape the initial path of a onboarding and compensation refresh, which has evolved to working alongside PulpMachina and applying these to a Documentation Book. Speak of the devil.
  • Documentation book. Although progress has been stifled by a lack of resources and many busy workers, I am very happy with the direction and progress. Big thank you to Violet and PulpMachina!
  • External communication. Speaking with others has been great. A good example is Beth from Gnosis, who said “this is the most context I have ever gotten from you guys, it’s really helpful”. Very excited to continue this external correspondence and improve our relations with other entities.

What I did okay:

• Community communication. Initially as I went through my trial period and was learning, I didn’t want to step on the feet of the current process or convey any incorrect information. Additionally community engagement has been difficult, since (mostly) all of our products are in a transitional phase. I have already spoken with some leads, and am aiming to fully transition into this community lead role.

What I did not do well:

• Identify opportunities for DXdao to excel and propose capitalization with an aggressive response. I definitely concede that I have been more passive than aggressive in this regard. Looking to the future I am hoping to identify these opportunities and share more, rather than receive and agree.

Scope of work

Much of these responsibilities are rolled over from the previous period, and follow the DXbiz and Marketing/Comms roadmap.

Product Clarity

• Identify issues regarding product user coherence including all current and future DXdao products.
  • Continue to assist with onboarding update/refresh.
  • Continue to work on Documentation Book.
  • Continue to coordinate with external services to ensure DXdao is displayed accurately and information is up to date.
  • Document and categorize any issues or inconsistencies.
  • Present collected information at weekly meetings or to relevant community members where applicable.

Community Communication

Social Media Management and Presence

• Create and refine social media strategy.
    • Phase into a consistent schedule for social media engagement.
  • Become a responsive community “figure” for active socials 8 to 12 hours daily.
  • Continue to build the Discord server and push it to the community.

Business and Partnership Correspondence

• Professional face for communication with outside entities and services.
  • Become an “Ambassador” as needed.
  • Present relevant partnership information at weekly meetings or to relevant community members where applicable.

Marketing

• Continue to move Marketing in a positive direction based on DXbiz/comms/mkting roadmap/budget
  • Identify opportunities for DXdao to excel and propose capitalization with an aggressive response
  • Work to better understand and push forward the current needs of DXdao in marketing

General

• Write or edit content as requested or needed.
  • Identify and document “weak-links” in non-technical roles.
  • Assist in onboarding and recruiting process.
  • Maintain regular communication with other bizdev members.
  • Assist in mid to long-term economic strategy.
  • Be a readily available asset for reducing the workload on developmentally focused members.
  • Assist other departments with recruiting process.
  • Familiarize with Layer 2 strategy and assist where possible.

Experience

• Owner and CEO of a DEFI auction-related project.
  • 7 years of experience in customer service, communications, and satisfaction.
  • 6 years of involvement in the crypto ecosystem.
  • Community manager, marketing director, and general bizdev responsibilities shared among several smaller projects.
  • Successful DXdao trial period, 2 months full time.

Compensation

This compensation is being submitted in accordance with the soon to be ratified DXdao worker guidelines.

I believe that I have demonstrated experience level 4 by “driv[ing] initiatives internally”, “work[ing] with different stakeholders [independantly]” and “[others] consider[ing] me an “expert” on my specialty.” I aim to continue learning and exploring my skill set, with the long term career goal of attaining experience level 5 within 2 years.

• Experience Level: 4
  • Full-time.
  • Month one.
    • $7,000 (USDC).
    • $5,000 (DXD). Vested for 2 years.
    • 0.1667% REP.
  • Month two.
    • $7,000 (USDC).
    • $5,000 (DXD). Vested for 2 years.
    • 0.1667% REP.

This proposal as well as my January worker payment request will be submitted as soon as gas costs are slightly more reasonable.

2 Likes