Keenan Luke Contributor Proposal for 11/2021 to 01/2022(!)

Time Frame: November 8th, 2021 - January 2nd, 2022. Full-time with 40 workable days/2 months

Position: DXvoice coordinator, Community Leader, Internal Operations and Documentation

Background: Hey everyone! This slightly late proposal comes off the tail end of Lisbon Blockchain week. Meeting fascinating new people left and right was a very unique and humbling experience that I’ll never forget. Also; having the opportunity to meet DXdao contributors and develop more personal relationships has ignited a deeper passion, and I’m more confident than ever that we’ll be able to achieve and shatter our goals. wagmi folks! (Liscon abbreviation of the week).

December will also be my one year DXdao anniversary! (DXdaonniversary?) Perhaps the time to share words will be then, but I’d like to thank each and every contributor, community member, and otherwise for coming along with me for this journey. DXdao welcomed me as one of its own, and we have grown so much together. Thank you. (I expect cake, you know. hahaha)

Reflection on previous proposal:

In reflection of my previous proposal, Sept - November , what I think I did well includes:

• SWPR Emissions - Despite a few hiccups, I believe those of us involved with SWPR emissions have done a great job at communicating, monitoring and smoothly passing relevant proposals. Since the first few frothy Epochs, the Swapr protocol has been steadily growing and integrating more projects.
  • Discord REP Boosts - I believe that the Discord REP Boosts have been successfully accomplishing the goal of further decentralizing governance AND involving the community with said governance. Q3 Boosts have passed and proposals have begun to pass.
  • Community Calls - Although I am unhappy with other facets of the community (noted below), I once again find myself thrilled over the continued growth of the DXdao community calls. They quickly became our most populated call earlier in Q3, and today stand strong with much more consistent engagement and 30-50 attendee count.

What I think I could improve on:

• Community - Although the community (Discord specifically) has been growing at a healthy pace in both member count and activity, the ratio of active participation is lower than I would like. (Percentage of accounts lurking vs interacting). Additionally, growth has diminished over the previous period (Adversely reflected by moderation/removal of dead acc./spam attack mitigation). I’d like to devote more time to retention and activity ratio as metrics, which should open the door to more natural growth.
  • DXdocs - No room for excuses. DXdocs was well received and is used by many of our squads (with most others looking to migrate onto it). I had a lot on my plate, but I should have prioritized DXdocs content updates and releases better. Coming into the next working period, it has become one of my top priorities.

Goals/Responsibilities:

[65%] DXvoice Coordination and Execution

• Lead DXdao’s “DXvoice” squad
    • Organize, run, and manage various initiatives including but not limited to squad calls, marketing processes, community calls, events, content coordination, etc…
    • Explore the potential for DXvoice to become a more independent entity with its own goals. Content as a service? Etc…
    • Coordinate plans surrounding DXvoice multi-sig plans
      • Continue to monitor and input annual expenditure sheet
  • Keep third party representation of the DXdao brand consistent
    • Coingecko, CMC, BF, articles, etc…
  • Continue to push announcements and other content in waves via socials
    • Encouraging third party involvement where feasible
  • Move forward as a figurehead for the DXdao Community
    • Potential to slowly shift into thought leadership, if the opportunity presents itself
  • Continue creation and curation of Discord and its related initiatives
    • Discord Quarterly REP boosts, etc
  • Elaborate on deadlines with Squad leads to cement strategy between DXvoice squad
    • Would like to further improve here, including cross squad timelining.
  • Write, Edit, and format content including announcements, MIR, social threads, etc…
  • Initial thought and preparation of “docs.eth” product
  • Finalize Landing Page efforts including;
    • Publishing the DXdao landing page update at beginning of period;
    • Finalize and publish Swapr landing page around middle of period.
    • Restore and coordinate Omen landing page incl. documentation processes as needed
  • Continue to manage and automate inflow
    • User support, Bizdev opportunities, social media inflow, etc…
  • Continue with SWPR tokenomics and liquidity mining plan adjustments
  • Refine plan to cement further Swapr protocol growth

[10%] Contributor Experience

• Continue to assist with the onboarding process
  • Help address contributor concerns, assist key squad members where bandwidth is tight, attend squad meetings
  • Revisitation of the Contributor Compensation Overhaul
  • Help maintain Open Positions document and Bounties, and export to DXdocs

[10%] DXdocs

• Continue to lead the DXdocs effort . Github here.
    • Create and format associated text, run the project board and ensure relevant deadlines are met.
  • Coordinate documentation resources from all active DXdao products and squad

[5%] BizDev

• Assist BizDev squad
    • Including DXventures, Aqua IDOs, Swapr partnerships, etc…
  • Continue to cultivate Bizdev operations within DXdao social channels
    • Including Collaboratory channels and roles within Discord, Twitter outreach, etc.
  • Seek opportunities and present to BizDev squad/relevant community members
  • Manage inflow from community social channels surrounding bizdev opportunities
  • Become an “Ambassador” as needed

[5%] QA

• Assist with QA on new releases/before new releases when needed

Work Experience:

Compensation:

I am expecting some portion of reduced time around the holidays, but have yet to cement anything with my family. Month two is likely to be adjusted down, but whatever the decision may be will be reflected in advance with any relevant contributors and in the forum.

• Experience Level: 5
  • Full-time.
  • Month one.
    • $8,000 (xDai) + $81 (xDai).
    • $6,000 (DXD). Vested for 2 years.
    • 0.1667% REP.
  • Month two.
    • $8,000 (xDai) + $81 (xDai).
    • $6,000 (DXD). Vested for 2 years.
    • 0.1667% REP.

$81 accounts for the previously specified $36 monthly community tool costs (statbot, yagpdb, etc…), as well as a new $45 monthly expenditure of Discord boosts to attain level 2 (Better audio quality, banner, community server status, etc). Although these community costs are still small, I would like to transition these to either their own proposal or the multi-sig as the costs grow - bonus benefit of deeper accountability and a trail that can be followed if I were to disappear.

The first proposal will request Month one’s xDai at the beginning of the period. The second proposal will request Month two’s xDai, and 0.3334% mainnet REP on xDai at the end of the period. The second proposal will also specify owed % of mainnet REP, and owed DXD based on ATH price.

4 Likes