Thanks guys! I appreciate it too
big thanks. finally in the rep-gang
Thank you so much for the nomination!
thank you thank you
I think this is highly important.
I think the way described here is messy (Sky more or less randomly making numbers up)
But IMO perfect should not be the enemy of good.
It is a matter of fact that dxDAO has seen a big influx in activity of various people over the last 6 month. However - the actual power (reputation distribution) is still largely dependent on the participation in the initial distribution event 1.5 years ago.
It was always intended that this is just a starting point and reputation distribution is connected to activity and not a one time event in the past.
Maybe to make this process a little bit more predictable the dxDAO might introduce a rule like:
give every month 20,000 reputation (~2%) to the top x contributors of that month.
The current and newly proposed worker guidelines call for .16% REP to be distributed per one month of full time contribution. I think with the number of people working, this roughly lines up with your proposal of 2% in total, and with some growth will soon exceed this.
As I see it, REP Boosts is more of an idea to fill the gaps and make sure those who don’t ask for recognition themselves are appreciated. The lists here is rather long because it’s been many months without something like this but I expect the amount given out this way in the future to be relatively small compared to the more structured REP distributions.
It would be good to produce a quarterly “REP Report” on REP issuance activity.
I think we need to be systematic about REP issuance but it may be hard to automate completely in the early stages. We should benchmark ourselves against our goals.
I find it difficult to look at the REP makeup, since it’s not represented on Etherscan. Alchemy has the full list, but it would be good to get convenient issuance data on this.
@nylon was doing some REP mapping, maybe we could build on that so we can track REP issuance and inflation?
I agree that the process and method can be improved. For this first experiment, we took into account input from an array of community members.
Though the allocations for these REP Boosts may seem “random”, they are based on a number of very important factors… to list a few:
- Length of timing contributing
- Type of contributions
- Value brought to DXdao
- Amount necessary to feel an actual contributing voice
- Amount of contributor’s current REP holdings
- Comparisons relative to full-time contributor allocations
- Comparisons relative to past and recent bounties
- Goals of DXdao around REP distribution
- Importance of decentralization to DXdao
- Past public discussions around annual REP inflation
So once we complete this round and do some detailed analysis as Chris suggests, we can learn, adapt and deliver an improved experiment.
Really happy to see the REP discussion taking pragmatic shape.
I am wondering how can a noREPer gain REP in DXdao? I’m channeling as much relevant venture activity to DXdao the past months and would love to gain REP and become an official DXer
Would a new member be also “Boosted” or is there a process for how to join DXdao?
what kind of venture activity exactly?
Im sure if you think you did something valuable, you could submit a proposal for some reputation. as long as the amount of reputation you request does not seem far off from effort contributed, then i think it probably pass !
As @CLCL mentioned, the normal process which is still the main way to earn REP is by making a proposal related to contribution. You can get a sense by looking at historical proposals by one-off or part-time contributors.
@sky wow! really liked how you referenced burning man principles in relation to what we are doing!
- Secured the first primary banner add on DeepDAO’s analytics dashboard (DeepDAO.io)
- Secured speaking slot for DXdao prominent members (@ingalandia, @Powers and @JohnKelleher) in the upcoming Liquidity2020 event.
- Giving DXdao the role of an investment banker for the upcoming $DANIEL token distribution event on DXswap (Still finalizing details, thread started here)
Looking forward to your on-chain proposal!
Expect seeing it any day now dear
Thanks - personally, I see a lot of similarities, but differences too!
I’d like to kick off another round of REP boosts for community members who have positively to the DXdao ecosystem. Several names have been mentioned on Keybase and on calls and I want to gather consensus on a new round of REP boosts.
- @dcc1 - an active contributor to Omen discussion and providing crucial feedback as a product tester, while also maintainting the Omen market curation list
- @pepo - for his REP xDai mapping efforts, particularly in coming up with a trustless solution for Gnosis safe wallet users
- @kiyo - for furthering DXdao’s presence in the Twitter world
- @ Matt B - for insight and perspective on calls and furthering discussion on the potential of DAOs
- @Crypto Larimer - for creating content to reach the CIS community
- @pulpmachina - for challenging DXswap strategy and kicking off a healthy discussion in community
- @madmax - for consistent and reliable contributions to conversations across all of DXdao products
Those are just some of the community members that I know of but I’m sure that there are others.
Feel free to add nominations below. We’ll discuss this on the Governance discussion later today. Also, it would be great to improve on the process of REP awards. Ideas/suggestions welcome!
Thanks for including me on the list! Just created a daotalk username. @MattBartlett
Thank you for joining daotalk.org and being a valuable DXdao member!
Thanks for the nom!