The core contracts required by a daostack DAO are already deployed by the DAOstack team on mainnet as well as testnet and the addresses are available in Migration.json. You need to deploy an Avatar, custom schemes (if any), native reputation and native token contract. Check out structure of DAO for details on Avatar, scheme, rep and token.
Once you know what kind of DAO you want you will have to make few decisions specific to the use case of your DAO and decide the DAO Params as in dao-params.json
Choose a name for your DAO and the native token and its symbol
Do you want to use DAOcreator contract?
Deploying a DAO with DAOcreator contract saves number of transactions to be signed by bundling up founder rep and token distribution (upto 100 members) in single tx and initial scheme registration in single tx
Which schemes to include in the DAO?
Schemes are the actions a DAOstack DAO can take when a proposal passes/fails. Currently supported schemes in Migrations package are:
- ContributionReward: Enables fund management proposals that distribute funds to beneficiary once the proposal passes
- GenericScheme: Enables Avatar to make arbitrary function calls to a specific contract. For eg use Avatar to submit a proposal to Genesis Alpha on behalf of your DAO
- SchemeRegistrar: Lets you submit a proposal to register more schemes (apart from initial schemes set at time of deployment) to the DAO
- GlobalConstraintRegistrar: Lets you submit a proposal to register more GlobalConstraints
- UpgradeScheme: Lets you upgrade the controller. Since Controller is not a Scheme it cannot be changed via SchemeRegistrar
Find detailed documentation re Schemes in Arc Repo
Ucontroller vs Controller?
Refer to documentation on Controllers
Decide on which Voting Machine to use and the parameters
Set the voting machine parameters according to the needs of the organization. Currently you can deploy a DAO using migrations with only GenesisProtocol voting machine. You can find details about different voting machines supported by arc at https://github.com/daostack/arc/tree/master/docs/contracts/VotingMachines
Who gets the initial rep and token in DAO?
Edit the list of founder members’ address along with the rep and/or token to be distributed initially. You may choose to give equal rep to all or have differentiated rep.
Have fun and good luck!