Hexyls Contributor Proposal 11/7/21 - 11/9/21

Background

Web3 developer contributing to DXdao / Omen since Oct, 2020.

Proposed Scope of Contribution

I will continue to focus on Omen development e.g. completing the CPK service refactor, investigating multicall data fetching optimizations, finalizing the OMN airdrop, bug fixes, and helping out other devs when needed.

Compensation

• Experience Level: 4
  • Time commitment: 2 months, full-time
  • 14,000 DAI, half ($7,000) to be sent on the first payment proposal and half on the second payment proposal
  • $10,000 of DXD vested for 2 years with a 1 year cliff starting on 11/7/21
  • 0.3334% REP, half (0.1667%) to be sent on the first payment proposal and half on the second payment proposal

Experience

https://github.com/protofire/omen-exchange/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3AHexyls

8 Likes

Great work especially on the pipes implementation.

However, I have noticed a consistent pattern throughout your proposals of a lack of detail in your proposed scope of work.

How are we supposed to measure performance if clear and measurable goals aren’t set? especially as you are a higher-tier contributor.

2 Likes

Dot points for clarity, scope of work is:

• Complete refactor of CPK service (finish pipes refactor)

• Investigate multicall data fetching optimizations (specifically for fetching market details, need to determine if multicall is the right approach there / can be done cleanly, and if it is I will implement it)

• Finalize the OMN airdrop (trigger airdrop modal from OMN button, deploy production airdrop)

• Bug fixes and helping out other devs when needed - Things always come up e.g. in the last period we decided I needed to implemented the bond claiming flow directly into Omen.

9 Likes

For reference, I, and I’m sure others on the Omen squad, can attest to @hexyls quality of work since we’ve had him on the team. Top notch dev :ok_hand:

7 Likes

This raises a unique situation.

Do to my followings and interactions with @hexyls and the Omen team, I am quite aware of @hexyls 's valuable ongoing contributions to the Omen team and DXdao. Even more so, the developers on Omen team have the best knowledge about these contributions.
I would say a majority of the information about @hexyls 's contributions sit within a smaller team.

To an average REP/DXD holder, or even other contributors to DXdao, how do people evaluate a contributor in circumstances like this?

These other’s likely have to rely on the more concentrated body of information.

If @hexyls is a super valuable contributor to the Omen team, should the Omen team have a majority of this decision making power? How does this information get disseminated to the wider community?

3 Likes