this is a guide I put together for the gitcoin donors to create a proposal. I want to share it for general usage.
You can find an example here (it is the approved proposal which granted gitcoin donors Dxdao reputation: (https://alchemy.daostack.io/dao/0x519b70055af55a007110b4ff99b0ea33071c720a/proposal/0x47b70ba2fcf24caad5fefa0907fd0a6baa89b000881fc45a093e2705411372d5)
In order to obtain your reputation you need an Ethereum address. The reputation you will receive is non-transferable. Therefore we recommend to use a gnosis safe as the reputation will be owned by a smart-contract wallet. You can always change the ownership of the smart-contract wallet and with that your reputation. Furthermore a Gnosis Safe Wallet is more secure e. g. because of a 2-Factor-Authorization and it’s features could be extended in future. A mobile version (IOS, Android), a browser app (https://gnosis-safe.io/) and a chrome browser extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gnosis-safe-smart-wallet/iecodoenhaghdlpodmhooppdhjhmibde) are available.
Follow this link to have an overview for a proposal already made by a donor:
To gain reputation you simply create a proposal on alchemy:
Click on the button “New Funding and Voting Power Proposal”, a small window will open separately, see an example with a guide here:
- “Gitcoin Grant 0.15%/0,3%”. 0,15% if you donated for one project/0,3% if you donated to both projects.
- Fill in your Username and the transaction link(s) for your donation(s)
- Fill in your Ethereum address where you want your reputation to be locked
- 4.1. Hover over “978,56k REP” (the amount of distributable reputation can change, you might see a lower amount) and you will see the exact available distributable reputation amount. Calculate 0,15%/0,3% of that: In this example 0,15% of 978.568,48 REP=1,467.85272REP=1,468 REP.
- 4.2 Fill in the calculated amount, in this example 1,468 REP.
- Hit the button “Submit proposal” and enjoy watching your first proposal being voted on. This will take approximately 7 days.