Guerrap Contributor Proposal [14/03/2022 - 01/06/2022]

Background:

This is my first contribution proposal.
I’ve been working as a full stack developer for the past 4+ years in my full time job, with a main focus on Nodejs and React.

I was introduced to Dxdao by Federico, then I started working on a few minor issues on the swapr site, and then I moved on to swapr-info and started digging into the project in order to add a new section for multi networks statistics.

I’m not very familiar with web3 on a technical point of view, and also I don’t have much experience in DeFi and financial concepts but I’m interested in it and going to learn more about it.

Timeframe:

• trial 14/03/2022 – 01/04/2022
  • 2 months 01/04/2022 - 01/06/2022

Proposed Scope of Contribution:

• Goals:
    • Dashboard page for swapr-info
    • Minor UI issues and bugs on swapr-dapp
  • Responsibilities:
    • Fix the assigned minor issues on swapr-dapp
    • Build a first version of the new dashboard page for swapr-info, with stacked charts for liquidity and volume (for all current networks)
    • Add new features to the swapr-info dashboard

Compensation:

• Experience Level: 2
  • Time commitment: Part-time (10h/week)
  • 2 weeks trial:
    • $250 (xDAI)
    • $125 DXD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting the 14/03/2022
  • Month 1:
    • $800 (xDAI)
    • $400 DXD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting the 01/04/2022
  • Month 2:
    • $800 (xDAI)
    • $400 DXD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting the 01/04/2022

I’ll receive the monthly salary at the end of each month.

Work Experience:
This is my first contribution proposal so I don’t have any past work experience related to previous proposals at Dxdao, but I have worked on some issues on swapr, visible here:
PRs: Pull requests · levelkdev/swapr-dapp · GitHub

Also I’m currently working as a full-stack developer (4+ years) in my full time job. I have contributed to a few open source projects that can be seen on my Github page.

Since I have past experience as a web developer I think I can opt for the experience level 2.

7 Likes

Retrospective

In the last 2 months dxstats received quite a few new features and optimizations, and a lot of fixes. We released the v1.5.0 which added a new Farming page and a first version of a Dashboard plus other changes.

We’re adding new features to the Dashboard page and we keep fixing reported problems; also there’s a redesign for the Farming page in progress and other improvements.

Did well:

• Development of the Dashboard MVP, and the following new features.
  • Collaboration with the team, given my little daily contribution time.

Improve on:

• Productivity. Since I’m still learning new concepts sometimes I’m a bit less productive.
    I’ll improve on this as time goes on.

Work completed:

Pull request completed and in progress can be seen here.

Compensation:

I’ve already received the first half of the payment (2 weeks + 1 month) of my proposal, so 250$ + 1050$.

Since I had 2 days off during this month, from the initial compensation of 800$ xDAI and 400$ DXD:

• 800$ - (4000$ / 160) * 4 = 700$
  • 400$ - (2000$ / 160) * 4 = 350$
3 Likes

Link to PRs wasn’t working: Work completed

1 Like