Guerrap Contributor Proposal [01/08/2022 - 30/09/2022]

Background:

I’ve been working as a full stack developer for the past 4+ years in my full time job, with a main focus on Nodejs and React.

It’s been 4 months since I’m contributing to DXdao and I’m happy with the progress we’re making on the swapr-info application; I’m grateful for all the help and support by the other contributors.
In the past 2 months, I’ve had the opportunity to learn more about the deployment workflow of dxstats and the subgraph and I’ve made my first contributions to the project.

In the next months the focus will be on adding new features to dxstats and moving forward with the redesign.

As time goes on I feel more confident about the work that needs to be done on dxstats and based on the compensation guidelines, I’m asking for a level 3 salary.

During these 2 months I’ll have 5 days of vacation (from 1st to 5 of August), this will be reflected in the compensation section.

Timeframe:

• 2 months 01/08/2022 - 30/09/2022

Proposed Scope of Contribution:

• Goals:
    • Moving forward with the design changes
    • Add new statistics for the multichain dashboard
    • Optimize more subgraph queries
    • Bug fixes
  • Responsibilities:
    • Implements the new designs on swapr-info
    • Add new entities to swapr-subgraph to optimize swapr-info furthermore
    • Fix issues and add new features to the swapr-info (new stats)

Retrospective about the past 2 months

The work on dxstats continues at a good pace, we’ve been focused on optimizing, even more, the application and on adding new features (mainly new statistics data on the multichain dashboard).
With the help of @velusgautam we released a new version (v1.6.0) that includes a first step for the complete redesign of the application, following the new designs on Figma made by @borisblock and @international.blue.
We have also added new entities to the subgraph that we will use (once deployed) to optimize the queries used by the dashboard, gaining in loading times for the wallets and trades cards dialogs.
Thanks @adamazad for the help with the subgraph :).

The main points of focus for the next months will be:

• Moving forward with the design changes
  • Add new statistics for the multichain dashboard
  • Optimize more subgraph queries

Did well:

• I think I did well with the developments and the deliveries that we managed to complete in the past 2 months.
  • New version of dxstats, yay :smiley:
  • Even though I didn’t participate in the weekly calls I think we still managed to be in sync with the development.

Improve on:

• As stated above, in these 2 months I didn’t join the weekly meetings (given the time schedule), so this is a point I’ll have to improve on.

Compensation:

• Experience Level: 3
  • Time commitment: Part-time (10h/week)
  • Month 1 (reduce by 5 days of vacation):
    • $937 (xDAI) → 5000/160 * 40 - (5000/160 * 10)
    • $562 DXD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting the 01/08/2022 → 3000/160 * 40 - (3000/160 * 10)
  • Month 2:
    • $1250 (xDAI)
    • $750 DXD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting the 01/08/2022

I’ll receive the monthly salary at the end of each month.

Work Experience:

Contribution proposal #1: Guerrap Contributor Proposal [14/03/2022 - 01/06/2022]
Contribution proposal #2: Guerrap Contributor Proposal [01/06/2022 - 31/07/2022]

I’m currently working as a full-stack developer (4+ years) in my full time job. I have contributed to a few open source projects that can be seen on my Github page.

8 Likes

DXstats had gone neglected for too long. Great to have you moving it forward!

3 Likes