Guerrap Contributor Proposal [01/06/2022 - 31/07/2022]

Background:

I’ve been working as a full stack developer for the past 4+ years in my full time job, with a main focus on Nodejs and React.

I was introduced to Dxdao by Federico, then I started working on a few minor issues on the swapr site, and then I moved on to swapr-info and started digging into the project in order to add a new section for multi networks statistics.

I’m not very familiar with web3 on a technical point of view, and also I don’t have much experience in DeFi and financial concepts but I’m interested in it and going to learn more about it.

Timeframe:

• 2 months 01/06/2022 - 31/07/2022

Proposed Scope of Contribution:

• Goals:
    • Keep improving dxstats experience
    • Minor UI issues and bugs on swapr-dapp
    • New farming page and top bar for dxstats
  • Responsibilities:
    • Fix the assigned minor issues on swapr-dapp
    • Fix issues and add new features to the swapr-info

Retrospective about the past 2 months

In the last 2 months dxstats received quite a few new features and optimizations, and a lot of fixes. We released the v1.5.0 which added a new Farming page and a first version of a Dashboard plus other changes.

We’re adding new features to the Dashboard page and we keep fixing reported problems; also there’s a redesign for the Farming page in progress and other improvements.

• Did well:

• Development of the Dashboard MVP, and the following new features.
    • Collaboration with the team, given my little daily contribution time.
  • Improve on:

• Productivity. Since I’m still learning new concepts sometimes I’m a bit less productive.
      I’ll improve on this as time goes on.

Work completed:

Pull request completed and in progress can be seen here.

Compensation:

I’ve already receive the first half of the payment (2 weeks + 1 month) of my proposal, so 250$ + 1050$.

Since I had 2 days off during this month, from the initial compensation of 800$ xDAI and 400$ DXD:

• 800$ - (4000$ / 160) * 4 = 700$
  • 400$ - (2000$ / 160) * 4 = 350$

Compensation:

• Experience Level: 2
  • Time commitment: Part-time (10h/week)
  • Month 1:
    • $1000 (xDAI)
    • $500 DXD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting the 01/06/2022
  • Month 2:
    • $1000 (xDAI)
    • $500 DXD vested for 3 years with a 1 year cliff starting the 01/06/2022

I’ll receive the monthly salary at the end of each month.

Work Experience:

Contribution proposal #1: Guerrap Contributor Proposal [14/03/2022 - 01/06/2022]

I’m currently working as a full-stack developer (4+ years) in my full time job. I have contributed to a few open source projects that can be seen on my Github page.

Since I have past experience as a web developer I think I can opt for the experience level 2.

5 Likes

Retrospective

The work on dxstats continues at a good pace, we’ve been focused on optimizing, even more, the application and on adding new features (mainly new statistics data on the multichain dashboard).
With the help of @velusgautam we released a new version (v1.6.0) that includes a first step for the complete redesign of the application, following the new designs on Figma made by @borisblock and @international.blue.
We have also added new entities to the subgraph that we will use (once deployed) to optimize the queries used by the dashboard, gaining in loading times for the wallets and trades cards dialogs.
Thanks @adamazad for the help with the subgraph :).

The main points of focus for the next months will be:

• Moving forward with the design changes
  • Add new statistics for the multichain dashboard
  • Optimize more subgraph queries

Did well:

• I think I did well with the developments and the deliveries that we managed to complete in the past 2 months.
  • New version of dxstats, yay :smiley:
  • Even though I didn’t participate in the weekly calls I think we still managed to be in sync with the development.

Improve on:

• As stated above, in these 2 months I didn’t join the weekly meetings (given the time schedule), so this is a point I’ll have to improve on.

Work completed:

Pull request completed and in progress on swapr can be seen here.
Pull request completed on swapr-subgraph can be seen here

7 Likes

Great to see that @guerrap has started owning dxstats. I would recommend him levelling up in the future worker proposal as he is pretty confident of the task he is assigned and is also self driven in making sure to complete and ship them. :slight_smile: Keep contributing Paolo!

5 Likes