Continuing the discussion from Giveth DAO Canvas:
Here are the notes from each section of the Controller page in the Giveth Foundation’s DAOCanvas. We’re inviting everyone to contribute to designing the Giveth Foundation DAO by posting feedback and suggestions in this thread.
NAME OF YOUR DAO:
DESCRIBE THE DAO’S GOALS AS EXPLICITLY AS POSSIBLE:
To design and develop the future of giving, the Giveth DApp
WHICH DECISIONS/SYSTEMS CAN THE DAO CONTROL?
- Budget allocation, funding bounties for work, and hiring
- Proposals, bounties, and acceptance of new features and code changes
- Potentially in the future - a 501c3 organization
- Potentially in the future - Giveth “tokenomics”
WHAT PROBLEMS DO YOU SEEK TO SOLVE BY DEPLOYING AS A DAO?
Transparent and accountable capital allocation of Giveth funds for public goods of the Giveth ecosystem.
HOW WOULD THE WORLD/ECOSYSTEM/YOUR PROJECT CHANGE IF THIS DAO IS SUCCESSFUL?
- The Giveth DApp will be beautiful, functional and eventually the category king for “mutual aid” and “social good”
- Rather than relying on altruism, social good impact will be incentivized.
- Donating will be easier/more efficient/more social (this will lead to more donations)
- Raising funds will be easier for good projects, harder for bad ones (more efficient)
- Contributing to projects will be easier/better incentivized/more social (this will lead to more contributions)
- Donations will more efficiently be allocated to the best projects
WHAT FUNCTIONALITIES ARE NEEDED TO ACHIEVE IT?
- Ability to receive, hold, and distribute funds
- Ability for members to submit and vote on proposals
- Ability to on/offboard members and grant rep