Genesis DAO bookkeeping for funds in ETH & GEN

Here is another outcome of the DAOstack & GenDAO Report . I kept this data separated from the-said report as bookkeeping is a topic of its own, it’s a rabbithole which might be worth going into though. Automating the bookkeeping on ETH, DAI, GEN and other crypto-currencies used by the DAO would give us a pretty awesome data points on the ecosystem. A long term vision could be a dashboard integrated in Alchemy where everyone can access that data.

Genesis DAO - ETH & GEN bookkeeping for May 2019

For the ETH funds it’s easy to manually track back to the relevant proposals (match a proposal for each transaction).

For the GEN funds it may be impossible to manually track back to the relevant proposals (match a proposal for each transaction). I could do it for one of mine, but that’s only because I knew the exact amount staked, my own wallet id & what I had originally staked for the-said proposal.

On the tech side, the good news about automating the bookkeeping it that DAOstack provides a GraphQL API to pull the data:

For the ETH funds it would be easy to track back to the relevant proposals.
For the GEN funds it may be possible to also track back to the relevant proposals, it depends on what the GraphQL API provides.

Key takeaway: a Dev could take on that “automating the bookkeeping” task, without interfering with the DAOstack team (or very minimal interactions needed).

1 Like

I see a lot of potential to this type of bookkeeping, for instance, imagine a history of transactions and the ability to request an invoice for a specific TX – and for the DAO to set the invoice parameters (address, etc…)

Just some initial food for thought.

1 Like