FlareDex proposal

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

Summary

I’m starting this thread to collect feedback about my proposal for a tokens swap website which aims to bring new users to DeversiFi and thus to benefit the whole NecDAO.

The App puts together a number of tools that I’ve been developing for a while as personal projects, and that I would like to polish and publish for the benefit of DevesiFi and the whole community.

The whole project relies on DiversiFi API.

Full proposal

The full proposal is available here:

https://github.com/wnz99/flaredex/blob/master/proposal/FlareDEX%20proposal.pdf

The App is already at an advance stage of development and a NON working beta is available at the following address:

https://beta.flaredex.com/

Next…

Before I submit, I would like to solicit feedback and suggestions from the community! Please leave any and all comments below or get in touch on FlareDEX and necDAO Telegram channels.

3 Likes

This looks amazing! I love the idea of slowly educating and on-boarding new traders to deversifi. Some additional thoughts on how this goal could be achieved:

• Share branding w/ Deversifi, so users feel like they’re using the “simple” widget version of the exchange.
  • I think the entirety of the UI you showed can be boiled down into a single view, instead of the 3 views you show (tokens on left, graph in center, swap bottom center).
  • Possibly frame this application as a “deversifi widget” that could be embedded in other applications.
  • Identity key understandings you want users to slowly gain. For instance: how to use https://app.deversifi.com/, what is NEC, how to be a liquidity provider, what is NecDAO, etc
  • Form an onboarding strategy to take users from the widget, into the full ecosystem.

Amazing effort, super excited to see this continue :clap:

Thank you for the feedback. :slight_smile:

I’ll try to give a little more info about the current status and design decisions behind:

• Branding is not up to me. I’m very happy to add links/logo/anything else that points to DeversiFi, however, on a design and style point of view, DeversiFi platform has a very different feeling. So I’m not sure a common branding would be the best fit. One of my goal is to show that anyone can actually come up with his own exchange just by building on DeversiFi API and infra. So maybe it’s good that it looks very different?

• The 3 sections layout is because I could not find anything existing (that I liked) which would give me a useful chart, an easy to trade interface and also an always on decent overview on various tokens. My idea is to make the list on the left something where an user can pin his favorite tokens in a preferred order plus other real time info about the token. I am open to suggestion but this layout is something a really like.
    I also very dislike those exchange UI that bomb you with constant useless updates just to create an urge to trade. :slight_smile: This is a Zen exchange, trade in peace. :joy:

• The App already relies on stand alone React component designed to be imported as a npm package. It’s something I work on for Ethfinex, but never made it to the public. The idea is that this will be released open source together with this project, so that anyone can add it to an existing project. It was supposed to be an Ethfinex widget.

• Yeah, the idea is indeed to funnel users to DevesiFi and its ecosystem.

I hope the proposal will meet the interest of the community.

Branding is not up to me… One of my goal is to show that anyone can actually come up with his own exchange just by building on DeversiFi API and infra. So maybe it’s good that it looks very different?

I definitely agree with this sentiment. How will NEC be represented to users in this app though? How will users know that they can go to Deversifi’s app from this app and it’ll be the same experience but with more features?

I guess I’m getting a bit lost in the intentions you’re aiming for. Do you want to create another front-end for Deversifi, or do you want to create a small simple to use widget that funnels users to NEC + Deversifi’s exchange?

The 3 sections layout…

Couldn’t you just follow what Uniswap has done, where you have: two text fields (input, output), a token selector, and maybe a toggle to see the exchange graph above those two text fields?

If the intention of this project is to create an “embedable token swap UI”, I think the current UI you have that takes up the full screen is not very embedable. I think uniswap does a good job of this with their widget: https://docs.uniswap.io/frontend-integration/iframe

The App already relies on stand alone React component designed to be imported as a npm package. It’s something I work on for Ethfinex, but never made it to the public. The idea is that this will be released open source together with this project, so that anyone can add it to an existing project. It was supposed to be an Ethfinex widget.

Awesome! Why not open-source these now? Also looking at your budget again, you’re stating that you’d like 5k to open-source two things. (1) UI and (2) the swap tool. I’m confused with what these two things are. As I understand it you have a modular React API, and full dApp which is flare dex. Does “UI Released” mean the React API?

Proposal Screenshot:

I will try to reply all raised points in details:

The code that does the actual swap in the App, as you see it now in beta, is based on a tool that I had written for Ethfinex and was supposed to be released open source. It’s a stand alone React component that can be imported as an npm package. It manages the token swap, wallets, price/order book feed. and it’s quite complex. It works but still requires refinements.

Since it’s a stand alone component, it can be potentially made into a mini site part of an iframe.
It is designed to be highly customizable in term of styling, so it should be versatile enough to make it fit in an existing layout/design.

Said that, it cannot be released open source right now, as it needs a little bit of rewriting and also because things will soon change on DeversiFi API, therefore I am sure there will additional work and maintenance to do on it.

Also, having it in production on a real website will help to find issues, improvements.

Yes, it is my intention to make an alternative UI which will have references to DevesiFi and necDAO (links, banner, FAQ, other content) but aims to a different user experience. There are two main reasons behind this:

1. Part of DevesiFi earning are contributed to the DAO, therefore it really does not matter if those revenue comes from DeversiFi UI or another tool. What is important is that any additional trading tool, whatever it is, can potentially increase volume on DeversiFi platform and thus benefit the DAO.

2. We already have a DeversiFi trading UI, which cater an user persona. Some users may not like that UI, so I only see benefits on diversification as it might help to reach market segments that are not covered right now.

You may or may not like my layout, that is your personal opinion. Mine is indeed a proposal, up to debate and open to feedback but not to a radical change to the design. So I’ve taken your valuable notes, and will think how to make the UI configurable, for example by hiding complexity (initially) and guiding the user with a tour such as https://github.com/gilbarbara/react-joyride for example. The plan for the left side panel is to make it possible to pin your favorite tokens so to have quick view of price and trends.

Obviously I might be wrong, but I would rather take a risk and try something different, rather than a copy/past of something existing, which carries its own risks (for example, why using DeversiFi simple swap tool if there is already one that work perfectly? What would the additional value we bring to the uniswap user persona).

The final website will be mobile first, and will try to be as much as friendly as possible for mobile users. This means that some of the panels will not be displayed, or will have a different position. For sure TradingView will not be displayed on mobile since it’s really not mobile friendly. Probably your question comes from the fact that it’s generally dangerous to show a WIP, as people tend to conclude that it’s the final version, while a lot is still missing. Obviously it’s not fully responsive neither mobile friendly yet.

Regarding your question about why not doing another simple swap like uniswap. Well, I think I’ve already replied in the context of the stand alone React component. When released, hopefully it will make easy for someone else to make a uniswap looking web site. I am not interested personally in competing with something that is already there, but rather would like to try to innovate.

UI released means the React Dapp code, which will not initially include the React stand alone swap tool, or may include it but not as an importable npm, mainly for the reason that the latter needs more work on it so I prefer to release is later on.

In all fairness, the budget required is far below anything that would be necessary if a team of developers had to come up with something similar and with so many functionalities, so I see this proposal as an opportunity for the the DAO to have both an example of what can be done with DeversiFi API (may the layout please you or not) and also an additional tool (the React swap tool), that can help more broadly to benefit the community.