Welcome to DAOtalk forum (running on Discourse). This is where the DAOs ran on DAOstack have constructive conversations. Please sign up & participate!
Let’s get started with the onboarding guide for Ambassadors & Apprentices to get their FestDAO Rep!
Safety first. Regarding how you manage your wallet, make sure you:
- understand: YOUR WALLET = YOUR ID
- use a fresh wallet - that has no previous transactions linked to it
- use a dedicated wallet for FestDAO - it will make bookkeeping much simpler
- ONLY SEND FUNDS FROM EXCHANGES to this wallet - so the coins are mixed (with other coins of the exchange) and it’s impossible to trace back to your main/hardware wallet
- USE A “PETTY CASH” WALLET, holding funds you don’t mind loosing - I recommend not using a hardware wallet it’ll be a pain in the ass to use every time you need to vote/stake/etc & you won’t want to transport this around with you at all time (i.e. when traveling, attending a meetup)
More on this: DAO Members Safety - Mixing your funds
1/ Go to daofest.io/festdao
2/ Click on “Funding and Voting Power” (roughly: schemes are proposal categories)
3/ Click on “Connect” and pick the wallet of your choice - once connected, refresh the page just in case
4/ Click on “New proposal” & follow the instructions below
FYI: your SIVT (Social Identity Verification Tweet) should just say something like “#FestDAO registration: I am John Doe. This is my Social Identity Verification Tweet #SIVT”, such as:
GIVE AT LEAST A FEW MINUTES FOR THE PROPOSAL TO BE CREATED & APPEAR IN THE LIST.
Once it does, feel free to:
1/ inform the person who introduced you to FestDAO that your sign-up proposal is live
2/ join the DAOFest Telegram Group: https://t.me/festdao
3/ follow DAOFest on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DAOfest_