[Feedback & Discussion] Potential for Collaboration with Mask Factory Token

There is a very new crypto project called Mask Factory Token that is for investing in a new surgical mask production facility in Colombia. Cost-analysis of the production and more are in their whitepaper. MFT tokens represent shares in the company, the total supply of MFT amounting to a 49% stake in the corporation. They are planning to give dividends to token holders based on profit, and implement a DAO to allow token holders to vote on the parameters involved in the dividends and other things, but it is still very early in the discussion.

I’m not affiliated with the project in any official capacity, but I think it might be interesting if dxDAO could leverage its assets to obtain a stake in the project (perhaps through an OTC buy) and potentially lend some expertise in the creation of their own DAO, and give some publicity to both dxDAO and MFT. Could be a win-win situation.

I’m curious to see the opinion on this. Perhaps if it seems like something that could be done, we could then reach out to them.

3 Likes

Hello, I am affiliated with the project in an official capacity. One of our token holders posted this thread and suggested I get in touch. like he said, we are building a DAO that will own initially 49% of a factory producing surgical masks in Valledupar Colombia, the factory will be set up by a company called Suminecol SAS which has the requisite Industrial engineering experience. Its still very early days for this project but we aim to be the first Decentrally owned manufacturing organisation in South America. we would be excited to work with DxDAO if possible.

3 Likes

An investment in a factory seems outside DXdao’s focus/expertise in DeFi, but collaboration on DAO governance seems like it might be a good fit!

3 Likes