Proposal to make a 60000 DAI grant to Diamond DAO through DXventures program.
DXventures is not a traditional investment fund. Its main purpose is to collaborate with and incubate promising projects in need of seed or growth capital that solve problems DAOs and the DeFi space face.
DXdao envisions a future in which DAOs are the optimal vehicle for technologists, scientists, creatives, and industry leaders to organize through and innovate. Thus, teams that DXdao will support are developing solutions to facilitate this transition. Additionally, DXdao develops decentralized applications on the Ethereum blockchain and so naturally supports working with, and investing in, projects advancing the future of DeFi.
Diamond DAO is building a community for DAO data nerds. Its mission is to empower DAOs and their members by building tools to help DAOs understand, grow, engage, and decentralize their communities.
Diamond DAO is beginning with Chainverse, a data & analytics platform for measuring DAO community health.
Chainverse will look something like this.
Chainverse will have three components:
Ecosystem view : compare similarly situated DAOs across key engagement, decentralization, growth, and financial metrics.
Community view : track community health and reward engaged contributors
Member view : track earnings, view upcoming votes, earn rewards for collecting & validating data and providing anonymized demographic details
Diamond DAO will reward community members who extend Chainverse:
- Extend coverage to emerging DAO frameworks
- Additional metrics for novel use cases (i.e. reputation score for DeFi underwriting)
- Discord bots using Chainverse data (i.e. one partner will use Chainverse data to build ML-driven bot to reduce churn)
- New data sources
- Written reports on covered DAOs
DXventure’s mission is to fund projects that support DAOs and dApps.
DAOs need visibility into their communities to understand community health and to design & implement programs to achive growth, engagement, decentralization (i.e. governance incentive programs).
dApps need reliable reference data on DAOs and their members to build everything from social networks to better onboarding experiences to recommending DAOs for users to identifying alpha for investors.
Chainverse will provide DAOs with the visibility they need to thrive and give dApps the reference data they need to create engaging & helpful user experiences for their customers.
Diamond DAO requests that DXdao participates in its ongoing Community Contribution Opportunity through a 60,000 DAI grant in return for 100 Diamond DAO governance shares and 60,000 Loot (economic) shares. Over time, the loot shares will be converted into an ERC-20 token that captures value from Diamond DAO’s revenue.
A grant from DXventures would benefit all DAOs, especially DXdao.
- Prioritizing integrating DXvote as a covered DAO framework, benefiting DXdao & driving community attention to DXvote as an emerging and innovative governance framework
- Diamond DAO attracts technical contributors who love DAOs and data. One contributor has already performed useful analytics for Omen. Diamond DAO can help source new contributors to DXdao to assist with data & analytics projects.
- Governance power to propose and vote on additional features/metrics
- DXdao would also receive right of first refusal in any future Diamond DAO CCOs.
If the DXdao community signals interest in going forward with a 60000 DAI grant to Diamond DAO, @amphiboly will make an on-chain proposal for the grant.