Draft worker proposal - luzzifoss

Worker proposal - 10/08/2020 to 10/09/2020 - luzzifoss

Timeframe
From 10/08/2020 to 10/09/2020, 1 month.

Responsibilities
Product management for Rails.
Rails is a platform which aims to bring fast, painless and cheap cryptocurrency micropayments to the masses through Loopring’s zkRollup technology.
My responsibilities would be to actually ship Rails v1 (based on the UI/UX which has won the Loopring Pay UI’s bounty) in an estimated 1, maximum 2 weeks time, and then think about a possible evolution of the platform, mainly focusing on a new look and feel and some serious branding, since the current UI/UX has been made by me, a developer, and could use some love by a proper UI/UX designer.
For this process in particular I’d like to bring an actual designer onboard.

Compensation
Having read the DxDAO compensation guidelines, I’ve actually framed myself as an intermediate-level developer. As far as commitment level goes, since this would be the first time I’d actually work for the DAO, level 1 is clearly the only plausible choice.
As far as time commitment goes, having a full time job, I’d be able to guarantee working for the DAO a maximum of 3 hours per working day (60 working hours in a 5-day week in a 4-week month). Given that the intermediate developer with level 1 commitment earns 2666 USD/month when working full-time (16,66 USD/hr when working 8 hrs/day, 5 days/week in a 4-week month), after doing the math I would be able to get approximately 1000 USD/month, which is what I’m ultimately asking for.

I’d like the sum to be paid in ETH, 50% on Rails v1’s first public release, and 50% at the end of the working agreement (10/09/2020).
As far as REP goes, according to the guidelines I should get approximately 1,261,328.16 * 0.166% * 37.5% = 785,17 REP. Where 37.5% is the percentage of hours I’d work in respect to a full-time commitment.

I’m almost sure I won’t be able to ship a potential Rails v2 in the working period, but since this is my first proposal to work for the DAO, I opted for the one-month approach, to see how things go. I’d still be able to actually start working on the project, and eventually make a second proposal if needed.

Experience
I’ve worked 4 years as a full stack developer in my full-time job, plus various side-projects in my spare time which anyone can consult on my GitHub page here. I’ve recently won the Loopring Pay UI’s bounty to develop a new UI for the Loopring Pay protocol (which is now to become Rails) and participated in the Gnosis Fork the World Hackathon entering with an Aragon app trying to improve Aragon-based DAOs’ decision-making process through the use of prediction markets.

3 Likes
1 Like

WHAT?! I DIDN’T KNOW IT YET! So grateful and so happy about it!

2 Likes

Haha ) Congratulations :heart:

Maybe you will have an ideas for our gem - https://omen.eth.link/ , since you are so talanted in prediction markets and DAOs, i am sure that core team will notice you and will offer join to our DXD fam.

Join Keybase

2 Likes

Can you please join our telegram group omen_eth for prediction markets.