Dino Crescimbeni - Contributor proposal [16/08/2022 - 15/10/2022]

Background

It’s been three months since I joined DXdao, specifically in the DXgov team. Since then, I have learned my way around the codebase enough to tackle various kinds of tasks. However, I’m still learning ways to improve my coding ability, not only focusing on delivering working code, but also code that’s scalable, easy to modify, and understand by others.

In these three months, I’ve been consistently adding value to DAVI (DXvote), and I’m confident I’ll still be able to do so in the next two months.

Proposed scope of contribution

Goals

In the front-end, my first objective is to deliver the features planned in the “Feature Freeze”, as well as fix various issues currently present in the app, to ship “Guilds” as soon as possible.

On the back-end, my focus will be on upgrading the current solidity version in our DXDVotingMachine smart contract.

Once both tasks are done, I’ll start contributing to delivering Governance 2.0. That will take a non-trivial amount of work, both on the front and back-end.

I will also attend the Infinity Hackathon as a mentor, and DevCon Bogota, where I mean to meet the rest of the DXdao team, and hear some fantastic speakers to further expand my knowledge on the crypto-space.

Responsibilities

• Working with the DXgov team to deliver the remaining features planned in the freeze.
  • Communicating my progress to the team and being active in keybase, attending daily and weekly meetings.
  • Start working on the features needed for Governance 2.0.
  • Attend the Infinity Hackathon and DevCon Bogota.

Timeframe

Two periods:

• 16/08/2022 - 15/09/2022
  • 16/09/2022 - 15/10/2022

Compensation

Experience level: 2

Time commitment: full-time (40 hours per week)

Month 1 [16/08/2022 - 15/09/2022]

• 4.000 DAI
  • 2.000 DXD, vested for 3 years with a 1-year cliff starting the 15/10/2022
  • 0.1667% REP

Month 2 [16/09/2022 - 15/10/2022]

• 4.000 DAI
  • 2.000 DXD, vested for 3 years with a 1-year cliff starting the 15/10/2022
  • 0.1667% REP

Work experience

8 Likes

@dinocres has been a great contributor and team member! Very communicative, and curious, whilst working together with us to steadily improve the codebase. I approve strongly!

5 Likes

@dinocres if you continue your good work on davi and also contribute to smart contracts issues you should submit your next worker proposal on level 3.

Level 2: I have limited skills from previous experiences that will carry over in my work for DXdao, but I do have some web development work, prior writing experience or business development.
Level 3: I have skills and experience in Web3/DeFi/DAOs that translate directly to DXdao. I can provide value to key initiatives for DXdao but need guidance on how to complete and check tasks.

6 Likes

I’m in full support of this. Dino is doing great work on DXgov and making a considerable impact on DAVI’s progress. It’s clear to me he is already beyond this beginner stage and adding real value.
So glad to have you here Dino!

5 Likes

Thanks for the support! Self-evaluation in this instance gets a little tricky, so I appreciate your comments.

You’re a great part of making this DAO as awesome as it is :grin:

4 Likes

On-chain proposal: link

2 Likes