The #dHack discussion comes to DAOtalk! (TBD: #dHack working group call this Tuesday, before or after the Pollinator call)
A few of us here have been working on #dhack – a decentralized decision-making hackathon model based on Alchemy. We’re moving fast it seems - a few weeks ago @exponent run a successful #blockathon in Australia.
Now we have two upcoming implementations, and we need your help!
1. ETHIndia - August 2-4
Together with ETHGlobal, the organizer of ETHIndia, about 350 hackers will be able to request funding for their hackathon projects using Alchemy. More on this in the Genesis Proposal I’ve submitted a few days ago. The goal is to continue and build a continuous hackathon with ETHglobal that will include participants from over 10 cities around the world.
We also have a reputation allocation to GenesisDAO members in the ETHIndia #dHack. -> Please comment on the proposal, or on this post to get some rep**!**
(You’ll be the first to try the reputation redemption feature)
We also need your help in:
- Helping with Q&A and onboarding users to the Telegram group (Metamask, Alchemy, proposals, general quesitons)
- The prediction challenge - We don’t expect many of the people to fully understand the rules of the game, therefore we would need your help staking for projects you predict will pass.
- Help market and spread the word about dHack, follow and engage with dHack Twitter
- The proposal description template - AKA the funding request of dHack Attendees. It’s still open. (What else would you like to know, think is important?)
- The ETHIndia intro post would love feedback on the quick explanation of how Alchemy works in dHack.
- ETHIndia DAO parameters The goal is to create a very quick and fast paced decision making, concentrated in about 24 hours.
2. ETHBerlin: August 23-25: (Intro blog post)
ETHberlin is going to be a huge event, 700+ hackers, big prizes, and a part of the Berlin Blockchain week. The goal is to continue and become an ETHBerlin collective consciousness for decision-making that will go beyond the Hackathon.
In ETHBerlin we will allow multiple touchpoints to collect and redeem reputation, creating a game to accumulate reputation. I will post more once we get closer to ETHBerlin.
Feel free to message me about questions, or join the Telegram group and ask there.
I will update this post with progress and requests, as well as in the #dHack telegram channel