We would like to get started handing in proposals regarding DAOs and law, touching upon some important issues like privacy, identity and regulatory frameworks like the GDPR.
It would be good for the GenesisDAO, DAOs in general and participants of the DAO to have more understanding of their rights, rules and or missing rules in these fields.
Lucie, who just handed in her proposal to join the GenesisDAO will spearhead this in our team at Ape Unit, but before we hand in the proposal, we would like to share with you what we had in mind.
A. Blog post Series
In order to have a first understanding what legal issues are applicable to DAO’s, we would like to start a blog post series in which we will explore the legal landscape touching DAOs. All over the Internet there are snippets regarding DAOs and legal, but with this blog posts, we would like to make a coherent series, which will be beneficiary as a prelude to a legal DAO framework and also will give members of the GenesisDAO a better understanding of important issues like privacy and identity. These discussions are already going on, but by providing basic legal understanding, will increase depth and applicability.
B. A Legal Canvas
As a second step we propose to make a legal canvas, in order for people to have a better overview which laws in their situation are applicable and which are not. Also, for this we would like to have your input, but we will create a separate forum post for that!
Back to the blog: We are setting up a structure with topics, and we would like to know which you think are important, so that we can create a series that is valuable towards the Genesis community.
- Privacy related posts
- Who is in charge of privacy compliance of DAOs?
- Who is accountable for GDPR compliance of DAOs?
Applicability of the GDPR:
- Is the GDPR applicable to DAOs?
- No borders DAOs vs the GDPR (about GDPR’s territorial scope)
Data Subjects Rights / Enforcing DPR on the blockchain:
- The right to be forgotten on the blockchain
- Data minimisation on the blockchain
- How to apply Data Protection by Design to DAOs?
- Legal vs DAOs
- The state of DAO laws in Europe (study of research papers, consultations at the EU level)
- Are DAOs legal in Europe?
- Are DAOs legal in specific European countries?
- Maltese law about DAO (“technology arrangements”):
- Creating a DAO in Malta?
- Smart contracts and the law (infinite number of topics here!):
- Are smart contracts legal contracts?
- The enforceability of smart contracts
Please let us know which topics you think are most interesting!