Devcon was nice, well organized. At every conference I see products improving and evolving, but mostly tech serving other tech. The insdustry is booming, but in a nascent stage and sadly there are not many real retail users for a lack of use cases. Some non-infra protocols, and dapps that don’t serve other crypto businesses, are hoping to attract users that would invest capital, but most users with capital are addresses from 2017, and the poor mass retail have no sizeable money to invest or disposable funds to experiment/risk with new innovative tech, rather expect to farm and dump airdrops. At least the decentralized infra is getting more robust, to lay a foundation for future protocols and dapps that will properly cater to end users. Everything moves fast and devs are too busy building, not much time is given to research, reflecting and planning.
Hakcathons are to attract devs, inspire innovation, interoperability. Infinite won the hearts of hackers who loved the welcoming environment that was created for them. Some came back from EthGlobal saying it’s boring with the same sponsors each time, confining their creativity. It took a lot of effort, it weighed heavy on many people, but in the end compared to other hackathons done with 10x more funds, it was a success. It helped with organic marketing, affirming DXdao as an entity in the space, and bonding with peer orgs and their communities. However, if the DAO is cutting on budget, and not looking to hire hackers, organizing a hackathon isn’t an efficient initiative.
The time during the annual team-building retreat was used wisely. It was intense. It was hard to tackle difficult subjects that affect the whole org, its place in the industry, and everyone contributing to it. Lateral tried to help as much as possible professionally with guided sessions/workshops.
I have personally decided to take an indefinite /very long/ hiatus, not just from DXdao, but the industry as a whole. Keenan will help me step down from being daotalk admin, discord community support, telegram channels admin, and I also won’t be acitive in keybase.
For this last period, with the help of the collective I:
- liaised with TallyHo to align communities and co-market the Web3 pledge.
- represented DXdao at Dappcon in Berlin, and gave a talk on DAOs in DeFi
- did a Twitter Spaces AMA with SafeTreasury, representing DXdao
- did a Metamouse market research on fiat spending DAOs and Web3 projects, hoping to feature DXdao in an article in TechCrunch, CoinTelegraph and CoinDesk, but haven’t seen it live yet.
- got Mike from Poolshark Protocol present a novel price time priority order book on the weekly biz dev call. I asked SpaceInch to help analyse the opportunity as we don’t have enough dev resource to evaluate and act on, but the DAO has disengaged from SpaceInch.
- helped get Swarm Association join Infinite Hackathons and Genesis Bogota last minute; happy to have actively contributed to attracting three of the four co-orgs
- liaised with BanklessDAO and DeWork to implement the co-marketing initiatives for Infinite Hackathons
- created a profile allowing Infinite to use Devpost for Genesis Bogota
- got DXD token on Bubblemaps and coordinated co-marketing
- attended a couple of meetings of the newly formed Carrot product UX/UI squad and joined discussions
- saved 33k COW /peanuts in usd/ from being incorrectly allocated to farmers due to a discrepancy in the UI. I had to invalidate and re-submit the answer three times, and managed to settle campaign correctly without taking it to Kleros court.
- did preliminary tests and provided a bit of feedback on DAVI
- collaborated with Wayne on the SWPR anniversary Twitter thread
- added Swapr and SWPR to BitKeep wallet. They can help us with co-marketing during the Arbitrum Odyssey.
- finally got SWPR token and Swapr as an exchange listed on CoinMarketCap. The token listing needed an exchange, but they were not listing Swapr due to low volume for a long time, and it was a civious cycle.
- changed Swapr pair links on CoinGecko exchange listing to .limo /thanks to community members for the alert/
- Met with MinervaWallet devs at Dappcon and quickly fixed Swapr links to .limo
- got DXdao back on openorgs.info as it was mistakenly removed during regular maintenance work /thanks to community members for the alert/
- met with the largest stakeholders in Brave who are interested in forming a BAT DAO, and would like to explore DAVI.
- also met with reps from NewOrder who are working with OutlierVentures and incubating a lot of projects in Web3 who would need a governance system and would be interested in DAVI.
- the last three weeks travelling and attending talks and workshops, I wasn’t at my best reposding timely to messages in social forums, but I did whatever I could
I will not be sumbitting an on-chain proposal for a new period.
1 month full-time commitment at level six. /October/
$6k in DXD vested over 3 years with a one-year cliff
8k in xDai
Plus, I wish to add flights and hotel reimbursement for Dappcon week, of $910 xDAI.