Community REP boosts (May 2021)

Building on the first REP boost last year and the seven rounds of REP boosts since, I wanted to kick off another wave of boosts for community members to receive REP in DXdao for contributions in various areas.

Like the last round, the community is exncouraging nominated individuals to request 0.1% REP formal proposal (1,557 REP), which will also familiarize themselves with the Alchemy proposal process (there is also a small REP reward for the address that submits a passed proposal). The reward should be calculated using the mainnet REP but the proposal should be requested from the xDai base.

Here is a handy guide for how to submit a proposal for a REP boost . @Melanie @sky and myself can answer questions and will try to coordinate 0.1% REP submissions. I wanted to kick off with one nomination

• @luigy lemon - Luigy Lemon is from the Honey Community and has been active in discussions on xDai and Swapr and demonstrates a good example of cross-DAO relations. He is in Keybase and Discord.
  • @cmagan a long-time DXdao community member who has been active over the past month in discussions on the mechanics of the DXD buyback and DXD Token model.

Other nominations? There is also a quarterly DXdao Discord REP boost program for active Discord participants. List any additional nominations below and be on the lookout for positive community contributions!

7 Likes

Cool, would love to submit my proposal for REP boost.
I first need to map my mainnet REP from a Gnosis Safe…
Can you point me to some instructions?

1 Like

hey @cmagan, @nylon wrote up a guide on REP mapping here:

You can put the address that you’d like to transfer to on xDai in the signalling contract. And then reference that address in your REP request on xDai.

Alternatively, you could put a signed message from your Keybase account in the proposal. Instructions for that at the bottom of the guide: DXdao Community REP Boost Guide - Google Docs

The community has decided that any mainnet REP amount can be claimed on xDai base (but not the other way around).

1 Like

This means those REP boosts are only valid for the xDAI base?
Or is it possible to ask for the boost on mainnet and then reflect on xDAI as well?

We’re trying to resync mainnet REP from the backlog over the last few months from high gas prices. More about that here:

The discussion has focused on contributors who have built up multiple months of REP awards, but we should consider REP boosts too.

We’re doing some additional research into syncing REP across chains and how to track for it, so we can have a better long-term solution.